Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt a womens bow as well as a youth bow?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I need some help. I am currently looking to purchase a new bow for my girlfriend. After a couple weeks for searching I looked and decided that a Hoyt trykon sport would be a good bow for her to start with and if she likes it use it for a while. well, i told her that i was thinking about getting her the bow. after hearing this she got online and decided to do some homework on the bow. She looked at the bow and then noticed that it said that it was a youth bow and when she saw that it made her decide that she didnt want the bow. The problem is that i want her to have a good bow that she can use at 3d shoots and for hunting it is really that best bow that i can buy her for the money. So i was just wondering if any of my fellow bow lovers could give me some feed back that i can let her read to see what other people think other than myself
Thank you
Tucker

·
Registered
10,619 Posts
My wife shot a trykon sport last year. This year we will be getting her a Kobalt. The Kobalt is twice the bow as the sport, and don't cost that much more.

·
Registered
146 Posts
that bow is a good beginner bow...even if its a youth bow,plenty of girls start with youth bows, if the bow goes to the poundage she needs..the draw lenghth she needs there is nothing wrong with it...i think some of the ladies in the women forum are shooting pink trykons jr...check the women forum, a few were shooting the rincon which the trykon jr replaced they are great little bows....and yeah there better then the diamon edge:wink:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
All I can tell you is get the BOW THAT SHE WANTS. Nothing else will do. I got my wife a bow that I though she would like. I ended up sell it and got what she wants to shoot. If you want to keep a happy family take her with you and let her pick out the bow thats in your price range. If it more money she will come up with it. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
All I can tell you is get the BOW THAT SHE WANTS. Nothing else will do. I got my wife a bow that I though she would like. I ended up sell it and got what she wants to shoot. If you want to keep a happy family take her with you and let her pick out the bow thats in your price range. If it more money she will come up with it. Trust me on this one.
Good advise and like another post said check out the Kolbalt

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I didn't know there was such thing as a woman's bow (unless it's pink). There are bows that spec out better for women but all bows are created equal.:rolleyes:

My wife would be pissed if I told her I was going to get her a little kids bow.

The Trykon would work for her but ya gotta make the woman happy or ain't no one happy.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The sport is a good entry bow and will help to find out if your girl is really into archery. We sell lots of them to women and transition youth. The Kobalt is an excellent bow, replacing the Selena. My only issue is it's very short in the ATA, creating extreme string angles for taller shooters. Another consideration would be the Bow Tech Equalizer, which is a smaller version of the Allegiance/Tribute. Draw weights from 30-60 and shorter draw lengths with lots of speed.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just bought one for my girlfriend. Just arived last Thursday. It is a sweet shooter. It's very light and well balanced. She got it in blue and loves it. I have to say it's pretty hard to beat for the price - lightweight, decent performance, good balance even without a stabilizer. I set he up with a wisker biscuit for now (it's like training wheel...), a Cobra release, one of my old sight and some ICS Hunter Junior. The total was around $500.

TomG

·
Registered
142 Posts
Let her decide

Hey everyone,
I need some help. I am currently looking to purchase a new bow for my girlfriend. After a couple weeks for searching I looked and decided that a Hoyt trykon sport would be a good bow for her to start with and if she likes it use it for a while. well, i told her that i was thinking about getting her the bow. after hearing this she got online and decided to do some homework on the bow. She looked at the bow and then noticed that it said that it was a youth bow and when she saw that it made her decide that she didnt want the bow. The problem is that i want her to have a good bow that she can use at 3d shoots and for hunting it is really that best bow that i can buy her for the money. So i was just wondering if any of my fellow bow lovers could give me some feed back that i can let her read to see what other people think other than myself
Thank you
Tucker
Best to take her out and let her try shooting a few bows and let her decide what is comfortable for her. Nothing worse than getting a bow that someone says "it will be great for you" and it not being comfortable, doesn't feel right.

Now I am not suggesting that you let her shoot the most expensive bow in the shop because we all want the "best of the best". Let her try several "starter bows" and see what she wants to shoot. Chances are if you let her try it she will like it, but if you just go buy it and tell her she is using it, it si nothing more than money wasted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts