Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got me a new used bow and been trying to tune it in and i just cant get a consistant group! I am shooting 25 inch xx75 2213 w/feathers, around 435 grains.....I can get it to a 5 inch circle but not any tighter at 20 yards...so i dug around in the ol'junk arrow stack and found 3 XX75 superlite 2413 w/ vanes 27" and around 490 grains....DRILLED THEM AND BUSTED NOCK,RUINED ONE.

Question is, WHY is there so much difference in flight, and vanes are whisper quiet!

Should I go with the logs that shoot true or try to get the lighter ones tighter??

I do not shoot a peep either.

HELP!

Goin to watch Survivor, brb

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm not sure what poundage you're shooting, but the 25" 2213's might be a little stiff for your setup.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im shooting 70 lbs, I shoot no peep since i wear glases and my light is limited so this year i removed them on all my bows. I also am shooting a boodoodle...

steve

·
Registered
852 Posts
Actually, without bothering to drag out the chart and look at it, I'd guess the 2213's were underspined... In my experience, either a 2314, or a 2413 are a good spine for 70lbs of draw weight...

- georgestrings

·
Registered
268 Posts
Go to the Easton website and see what arrow suggest. This will be a good starting point. Then you can experiment from their. You have two choices as to how you achieve proper spine once you get a suggestion from easton.

1. Adjust you setup to match the arrow. Assuming you are close to the correct spine to start with, then you can add or reduce tip weight. You could also increase or decrease poundage on your draw. These adjustments could be done as you shoot through paper. Easton has a great tuning guide that explains this in detail.

2. You could also try different arrow spines and keep your set up the same. Most pro shops will allow you to shoot different spines before buying. Either that or buy new arrows until you find the one that has the correct spine.

I opt for the first choice. I find easton's charts pretty good at getting me a correctly spined arrow. I can make minor adjustments to my setup to get the best performance.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I agree with George. Without looking at a chart I would not be surprised to find a 2413 @ 27" is still a lot stiffer than a 2213 @ 25".

Heck I'm shooting 29" long 2314s out of a Darton MAV RC @ 50 lbs with a release and the accuaracy is excellent, as are the results on deer :)

Too stiff often works very well with a release. To weak sometimes works with field points, very rarely does it work with broadheads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts