Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could identify the model of this Shibuya Sight.

I am considering purchasing it but cannot identify the specific Shibuya model to help me gauge its value.

Tough task from this picture, but I have confidence in the ability of AT posters!

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
i looked in my lancaster book I did'nt see that one with a price but the ad on page 16 shows that style on a olympic bow.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
PA.JAY said:
i looked in my lancaster book I did'nt see that one with a price but the ad on page 16 shows that style on a olympic bow.
The web site shows it to.It would appear to be a recurve sight?????????

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to be an older model though, notice the lack of knobs on the bottom and top of the vertical slide.

It also has 2 small knobs on the top of the aperture block as opposed to the newer models that have a large knob on the side of the aperture block.

I can't find any images of older Shibuya sights to see if one matches though.

·
ArcheryTalk Sponsor
641 Posts
Shibuya Dual Click Carbon Recurve Sight

Dear MacofNiagra;
The sight pictured is an older(pre'2001) Shibuya Dual Click Carbon Sight designed for Olympic Recurve Shooting. It has an 8-32 Windage Thread suitable for recurve sight apertures and a carbon extension that is very light as the entire sight weighs only 6 ounces. It is still available, but with the newer clear polycarbonate block assembly. This sight currently sells for $219.99, but back in 2000 it was about $179..

Shibuya's newest Ultima Standard Recurve Sight is $199 with an aluminum extension and the Ultima Carbon is $269.

See www.lancasterarchery.com; Dealers see Jake's in Utah, Kinsey's Distribution or LAS in the east...

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts