Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The serial number under the grip starts with SE. Would that indicate that it is a Strike Eagle? Thanks. Don

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Don... SE would be a Screaming Eagle. The letter K was used to designate a Strike Eagle... unless of course you bought the Strike Eagle in the Whackmaster finish... in which case they used a W followed by an s,m and l for short/medium/long if I recall correctly.

Anyway... Screaming Eagle.

Gerry

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gerry, Thanks so much. Any other information you can provide on the bow would be awesome as well. Years of production, etc. Don

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your bow should have a third letter in the serial number... most likely a B or D... B would indicate a manufacture date of 1988, D would be 1989.

As for more info... I'm guessing since you ask the question there is no label on the back side of the power limb, that would be too easy. :)

So lets start with potential bad news... Oneida H250, H500 and Screaming Eagle's only had a 1" draw length range... you ordered a bow for 26-27, 27-28, 29-30 etc. It can be changed if you're very lucky by simply getting new power and yolk cables... most people are not that lucky. A different size cam is often involved and they are all but impossible to find. Outboard limbs may also be involved, again all but impossible to find. If the bow isn't is your draw length it would be far easier and cheaper to find another that does fit you and sell the one you have.

Since you have the bow... is the draw length within your range? If it is I'll certainly help you out in determining what the bows draw length and weight range is... it'll just take a little bit of help on your part. If it isn't within your draw range I'd still help you figuring out just what you have... it would be helpful in reselling the bow.

Gerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts