Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a new Pearson Venom from MoNofletch and was wondering if there is anybody in Northern Indiana that could help me get it set-up. I want to make sure it gets done right and all the details get covered, and that's hard to get from my local shops, especially with a bow I didn't purchase from them. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Where?

Yea, where are you at man. We are located in Decatur, just south of Fort Wayne on Hwy 27. We would be happy to help you get it set up at the Sportsman's Lodge.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Please let us help!

Sportsman's Lodge is located just west of Highway 27 on Patterson Street in Decatur, Indiana. Our hours are Monday-Friday 10am-9pm, and Saturday 8am-4pm. If you have any other question feel free to give us a call at 260-728-4868 or drop us an email at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to help you set your bow up. We have indoor ranges and a store full of stuff. If we don't have something you want we will hunt it down for you. Your service is our priority. Please give us a try.

Thanks,
Jim Roe
Sportsman's Lodge

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've never understood why a shop wouldn't work on somebody's bow if they didn't buy it from their shop... Service and accesories are the bread and butter... If you like the shop, you might buy from them in the future...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Attitude

It's all about having the right attitude! It's not easy running a shop. This is our third year in business and it has been the tuffest yet! The economy is tight. Some shop owners just can't or won't get past a customer spending money somewhere else. Money is tight and the shops need every dollar they can get just to keep the lights on. It's easy for our human nature to take over and for us to lose sight of the customer.

One of the best shops in the area, Stucky Archery, a long time staple in the Fort Wayne area is most likley going to close the doors this fall! It's not easy making a living running one of these stores. I think most customers take it for granted that the guys they deal with behind the counter has bills to pay also.

ActionPoint, we will do our best to help you with your needs. My business partner Steve Roe has been in and around the archery business since the early 80's. We will all do our best to help you.

Jim

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wildboar,
I hear ya... I worked at Paul's in Muncie (long gone) several years ago... That was back before the big box stores and the web were the norm... Hard to compete with the big chains...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Big boxes and the Web!

Yes they both make it difficult. But if we all humble ourselves enough to realize that we need to help each other then the web and the boxes have nothing on us! WalMart is not going to size a bow to fit you and they don't care, we do! Bowtech is not going to sell their bows from a box store because the box doesn't care, we do! You also can't get that kind of service on the web. You can have great intentioned people (like the ones here at AT) and still not get the service you need in the Archery arena.

It seems to me that our country as a whole has gotten worse at seeing the big picture. We're turning or have turned into "got to have it my way right now at my price or else" kind of society. I'm afraid we're going to WalMart ourselves to death one day. Just my $.02!

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
Stuckey Archery is in New Haven, and I'm sure Mike or Larry could set you up just fine. If you're not buying the bow or accessories from them, just be willing to pay a little to have them get you going. Their contact info is as follows:

717 Broadway Street, New Haven, IN 46774
(260) 749-2691

1 - 11 of 11 Posts