Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Stan SX3 Heavy Metal and was wondering where I could find a wrist strap or lanyard for it? I know some folks run the lanyards through the hole in the reset button. If anyone could help me with this I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can make your own with a piece of string/elastic cord and a cord lock from Walmart.
Cord lock.png

·
Registered
231 Posts
Scott sells just plain wrist straps. You can get them where either a rope or strap attaches to the release. You should be able to find one online for about $15. I wanted something that would catch my release if it slipped out of my hand while drawing. I'm not sure if the solution posted above would do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased from Ridgerunner a paracord strap. I did not use the hole in the reset button but rather on the thumb peg holes. I put the ring through that then clip onto the ring. Doesn't get in the way at all. I have the Stan Shootoff.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
IMG_1760.jpg
Easy to make your own

·
Registered
150 Posts
[iurl="http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6348295&stc=1&d=1514731119"]
[/iurl]
Easy to make your own
At first glance I thought that lanyard was made out of chain mail. I thought to myself "that's B. A.!"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Amazon sells lanyards that will fit. I bought a pack of 12 awhile back. Rather inexpensive but they work pretty well.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
325 Paracord - 550 is a bit thick

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
dressy shoe shoelace..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jason at Hillsidecustomslings,llc will make you anything you want. Wrist slings release lanyards bowslings. He's on here in classified or facebook. I just ordered for new bow. For a release it's 15 or 20 bucks.

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
Jason at Hillsidecustomslings,llc will make you anything you want. Wrist slings release lanyards bowslings. He's on here in classified or facebook. I just ordered for new bow. For a release it's 15 or 20 bucks.
Yes PM jason.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
For $20 worth of paracord you have enough to make about 50 slings, you can buy it for $6-7 for 100' of US made cord. I have dozens of of different colors. During these long winter nights I make slings, wrist straps, rifle/shotgun slings and survival straps for my hunting friends and their kids.

·
Registered
40,791 Posts
For $20 worth of paracord you have enough to make about 50 slings, you can buy it for $6-7 for 100' of US made cord. I have dozens of of different colors. During these long winter nights I make slings, wrist straps, rifle/shotgun slings and survival straps for my hunting friends and their kids.
I agree with this. It's a lot of fun to make your own and paracord has so many purposes and projects..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but is there a consensus on the best way to attach it to the release? Is the hole in the reset button ok to use? I don't like the idea of attaching it to the thumb trigger...if it gets tangled during drawing the bow, it could fire the release.

If you just tie it onto the release, anyone look down and it has detached? Does it cause a pressure point on that figure during drawing the bow?

I mainly want something simple that I can use as a way to not lose the release while hiking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts