Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Archery Talk and I am looking at building a new hunting bow for Next season. Getting away from an old PSE Brute X I put together a while back.

I went to the local shop and shot the Reign 7, Halon 32, Hyperforce ZT, and a Defiant 34. i really wanted to like the Defiant for the discounted price on it, but the Reign 7 won me over. Nothing felt as smooth as the Reign. I would like to shoot the Reign 6 to compare it but not too obsessed over the speed. Shop did not have a 6 in stock.

Going to be between the Reign 7 or 6. My draw is 29.5 @ 70lbs preferably.

Thinking QAD, Throphy Taker, or NAP Apache drop away for my rest. Not sure which arrow I want to shoot. I like the Easton FMJs, Hexxs, or Axis. Tight spot quiver with a B-stinger Stab possibly and a single pin sight?

All suggestions are appreciated and welcomed!

·
Registered
882 Posts
From what you listed I'd do a trophy taker limb driven rest, 5mm axis 300 with brass inserts up front, tight spot quiver, 8in bee stinger, and for a single pin sight I'd do the axcel accutouch pro. I prefer limb driven rests which are much easier to time and you can easily tell when they are out of time. Axis is a good flying arrow with not a ton of weight but adding brass up front boosts the FOC. Quiver and stabilizer are good choices as they're some of the best on the market. As for sights i feel the axcels are of the highest quality with a strong build yet very light. Hope this helps

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,102 Posts
I'd look at the Hamskea rest. I see no need for FMJ arrows. I will be shooting 4mm Injections this year. I prefer Doinker over B-Stinger but that is more because I know Eric Hall who owns Doinker. Both are great products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I have looked into the Axcel sights yet. I will check them out.

Did some quick math on that arrow set up. Coming out to be around 460-480 grains set up. Will this be on the heavier side and slow the speed down to much?

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
Hamskea or limb driver micro elite drop away
Axcel Accutouch carbon pro single pin sight.
I would use the gold tip pierce for small diameter arrows. I'm not to fond of Easton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts