Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going back and forth between NAP Razorcaps, Rocket Steelhead XPs, and Grim Reaper Razor tips. Thanks for the help.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
We need more information.

How much do your arrows weigh with 100 gr heads?

How fast are your arrows shooting at that weight?

What animal are you hunting?

Are you going to be taking shots over 30 yrds?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
are you wanting to go with a cut on contact or regular blade? but I agree with the last post.

I went with the magnus stingers because of the arrow flight, and because they are cut on contact with a bleeder blade--the more puncture the better for me!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm shooting 280 feet per second with a hundred grain tip. Can't remember exactly how heavy my arrow is, but I'm shooting Blackhawk 4000 and my draw length is 29". I shoot regularly out to 40 yards. Deer only.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Huntin'Honey24 said:
I went with the magnus stingers because of the arrow flight, and because they are cut on contact with a bleeder blade--the more puncture the better for me!
Bingo! Same here... :thumbs_up

Magnus Stingers (and the newer Buzzcuts) should not be overlooked. They are the most nastiest, most wickedly sharp, and most downright EVIL looking broadhead, IMHO..... Plus, they fly perfectly straight and dead on with field tips. No tuning involved. Just be careful with them - they'll cut you to ribbons just for looking at them! ;)

Butch A.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
have you shot any of them??? if so which one can you just lace into the kill zone the easiest?? for me in fixed it is the magnus stinger 4 blade, it seems more tolerant of form errors and finds the mark often in spite of me. The muzzy phantom is very critical of my form, if I don't execute the shot properly the arrow goes high. If I execute good the muzzy will shave the feathers off the other arrow already in the target. got to reflech now.

so I'll hunt with the magnus until I run out then go to the muzzy's.

You want to use what you are sure you can shoot well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
broadheads

My advise for broadheads is this: Shoot the biggest, sharpest, and toughest broadhead that you can get to fly.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
I'm shooting 280 feet per secondI shoot regularly out to 40 yards.
I think you should definitely be shooting mechanicals. If I were you the ONLY fixed blade I would consider is the ABC 100 gr Sonic, but it is not on your list.

As far as the broadheads you did list, I do not know anything about the Rocket Steelheads.

I seem to hear a lot about the Reapers losing blades, but they do have some very loyal users.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I like the 100Gr. Muzzy 3-Blade broadhead. I have them on the center dot on a Block target all the way out to 60yards and they crush thru bone like no other. They aren't overly expensive unlike some other good broadheads and you get 6 in a package instead of the usual 3. I've tried the Rocky Mountain Ultimates w/ the bacon skinner blades, they flew great and were durable, the 7/8" cut just made me a bit uneasy and switched back to the Muzzys.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Ridgerunner7 said:
I'm going back and forth between NAP Razorcaps, Rocket Steelhead XPs, and Grim Reaper Razor tips. Thanks for the help.
Not trying to bust your noots my friend but that is one heck of a selection to choose from :sad:

I want to say the Razorcaps badly but I have not tested them beyond 260 where they had great flight.

They certainly didn't stand a chance @ 320+ :pukey:

Still .... I would opt to try them first and hope that they performed at 280 before I would go with the Rockets.

The reapers I have a technical issue with and even refused to test based on that issue although I am getting more and more request to do so with the addition of a disclaimer inserted.

Best of luck and my best wishes for your success what ever you do. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts