Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help choosing between 3 bows i like and let me know a good price on whichever you say would be my best bet. I am new to archery been a lifelong rifle hunter though, I currently shoot a pse excellerator. I want as much power under my spending limit. i need it to be best for hunting, bow shoots is secondary, looking for a barebone price dont need any accessories for it i will use all the ones from my pse

first - Hoyt ultratec xt2000 used great shape not sure of the year or speeds on it.

second- Bear Strike - 2010 model

Martin Cheetah 2010

I want the 70# model of each, so let me knwo what you would recomend and a good price for each.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I think in all honesty, you should go and shoot some bows before you go off buying one of those 3. Make sure that it's really one of those 3 that will be the "best" bow for you. I've bought a few bows I'd never shot before, but I'd shot similar bows or the same bow in a different year model, ot be certain I wouldn't be disappointed. Any of the 3 would have enough kinetic energy to kill most all species in N.A. so the "power" of the bow isn't really that much of an issue. Do yourself a favor and take a peek at the classifieds here an see what sort of deals there are to be had. You may find you can get a better deal here than in most places. This is probably the BEST USED BOW MARKET in the world right at your finger-tips....:thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just bought my first bow a couple of months ago from member on the sight. Like Doug said above, the best thing to do is shoot some of the bows your looking at and determine what you like or dislike. I know I saved about 300 from buying it on the classifieds...and it was a new bow. If you dont mind me asking whats your limit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
around 400, i have the hoyt to 350 with sights and case, dont need the extras but it will be nice to have a case!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would say the Hoyt...they make a awesome bow

·
Registered
600 Posts
My choice of all three would be Alpine. Bet that didn't help. Point really is like said previously, shoot a variety, and don't forget customer service. Nothing like being left in the cold (or so I hear).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts