Archery Talk Forum banner

Help me identify a recurve bow

6921 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  WindWalker
I had just received my first recurve and want to learn a little more about it. The only marking on the bow says FASCO model 40 #4257 66" 33# @28". My father says he shot it when he was around 16 or 17 making the bow around 40 years old. Anyone know anything else about this bow? I'll get pictures up shortly.

Tim
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,477 Posts
Fasco bows were around when I started becoming a serious shooter in the mid-60's to early 70's. I don't know much at all about the Fasco bow but do recall they were very nice looking, and exotic looking for the times.

Don't know about the quality but I have seen them for sale and from what I could tell, the sellers were normally asking quite a bit for the bows and getting it. Apparently there are some early Fasco models considered to be in great demand.

· Registered
4,477 Posts
That's obviously an oldie!

Found this info for you. It was given by someone on another archery site and I don't know how accurate the info is.

The Fasco archery company started in 1957. The company was founded by three men, Russ Fogerty, Willy Alvares and Charlie Smith. The name of the company came from the first letter of each man's last name and CO. added at the end.
In 1960 they sold the company to Emitt Ries, during this time FASCO bows were produced with beautiful wood carving.
If you have one of these bows with basket weave or oakleaf carving or ivory in ebony inlay, you have a prize. The company was sold again in 1962 to Seattle Archery. Fasco recurve bows were listed in the 1977 Seattle Archery catalog, but by the 1979 catalog all recurve bows had been dropped. As a side note in 1964 the Fasco Archery division of Seattle Archery Co. bought Drake Archery. Harry Drake retained the flight bow manufacture part of Drake Archery. Fasco manufactured the Fire-Drake, Hunter-Flight and Shark bows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.