Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to buy a new (to me) elite and im torn between these...itll be a hunting bow

Impulse 34
Enlist
V37
Option 7
Revol

Currently my rank is V37, Enlist, Impulse 34, Revol then Option 7. I actually cant stand the riser of the Option, but i know its a good bow. I do like the v37 and Enlist risers a lot. I currently shoot a GT500

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you are looking for a hunting bow, why not include the E35 and Ritual?

I believe Impulse 34 is the fastest of the bows you identified, but it also has a bit of a harsh draw cycle.

I have not heard a lot of rave reviews about the Enlist or Option 7.

Revol is ok, but does not have the valley of Elite's better bows. And the grip is not as nice as the E35 or Ritual.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are looking for a hunting bow, why not include the E35 and Ritual?

I believe Impulse 34 is the fastest of the bows you identified, but it also has a bit of a harsh draw cycle.

I have not heard a lot of rave reviews about the Enlist or Option 7.

Revol is ok, but does not have the valley of Elite's better bows. And the grip is not as nice as the E35 or Ritual.
Id surely consider an E35, I only listed those choices because those are the offers that i have on the table as of now. Ill look around for an E35 too

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just picked up my Ritual in June, and I love the smoothness of the draw. The E35 is also really nice, but the Ritual is noticeably smoother to me.

My only disappointment (slight) for the Ritual is the speed does not seem to be hitting the IBO spec. This should not be a big surprise with the smoothness of the draw. And at 31" DL and 67# for me, I am still getting 280 FPS with a 483 grain arrow, so I will not worry too much.

Good luck on your selection!

·
Registered
297 Posts
No love for the Synergy? I've owned a Z28, GT500, Hunter and Answer, IMO the Synergy is the best pure hunting bow Elite has produced.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I’m not all that far from poconos. (North Montgomery county) Have a snow camo E-35 60 pound collecting dust I might part with if you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,231 Posts
I say consider the E35. I finally picked up a used one this spring and am glad I did. A properly tuned E35 will meet or exceed its speed rating and it is a very stable bow that holds well on target. It's the first bow that has knocked the GT500 from the top of my list for which bow is going hunting.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I would take the v37 or the i34,the enlist is a nice bow but I prefered the v37 and i34 over the others,I didn't really like the option series I shot but thought the i34 was excellent,I purchased the v37 as it's as smooth as anything ever built,holds on target excellent and is a real nice shooter....I hunted with mine last fall and this spring...I sold it to buy a long ata from another company,the e35 is a great bow as well...very smooth and holds like a rock....some great choices and really can't go wrong with any of them....Grizz

·
Registered
562 Posts
V37 is a great do all Bow if you don’t mind the longer ata. I ended up keeping it over the option 7 for a hunting rig. If the grip and feel is for you it’s a solid performer.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
No love for the Synergy? I've owned a Z28, GT500, Hunter and Answer, IMO the Synergy is the best pure hunting bow Elite has produced.
Agree. Ive owned four elites...just picked up a new synergy for the long haul.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
I would forget about all of the bows on your list except the V37 which I personally wouldn't use for a hunting bow. Great bow, I just feel there are better choices. I would suggest looking at the E35, E32 and the Synergy.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
I don't think any on your list is an upgrade to your GT500.
Purely hunting I would look at the Answer, Hunter, Synergy and Energy 32.
Hunting and 3D the E35 hands down.
If you want their best bow to date, IMO spend the money-get a Ritual and never look back.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I love my Synergy. It shoots better than I am capable of. I haven't been able to shoot it lately due to tennis elbow, but I just ordered 50lb limbs, and they will be a real nice addition when they get here.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i feel like my girlfriend trying to pick shoes...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I have shot PSE, Mathews, and Hoyt but Elite has been my favorite. I currently shoot a 2013 Elite Answer. I really want to get a new one. If I had the choice, it would probably be a Ritual, although the Impulse 34 has my curiosity.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Agree with doofy I bought a new e35 off eBay in May $430. Awesome bow but I complicatedthings and bought a synergy off AT classifieds. Another great bow from elite. Glad I sold my Hoyt and went back to elite I should have kept my pulse and GT 500 but mistakes are made.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts