Things do crap in the woods.

:lol3:

Kev

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me clarrify

I am in north eastern michigan (no moose!) The pellets were about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long. After thinking about it and looking at the picture, could it be pellets from an eagle or an owl? (A whole lot of pellets) I didn't really look up to see if there was a nest, but I will go back next weekend and check if thats what someone thinkks it may be.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cant tell for certain, but if that tree just ahead of the pile of poo is hollow you have a porkupine living up in it and letting it rip down the pipe.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
i think if you look up you will see a owls nest

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
we have a winner

they are owl pellets

·
Registered
16,048 Posts
Cant tell for certain, but if that tree just ahead of the pile of poo is hollow you have a porkupine living up in it and letting it rip down the pipe.
I agree with this person, I have found the same pile here in MI yes it was a porcupine!!!

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Ground dweller--look at that worn log

I'm betting that tree in the backround is hollow and you have found a porcupine den. It sort of resembles owl crap but a little large. I give the nod to porcupine. Check the area for tracks.

·
Elitist
5,753 Posts
Not owl poo. Owl poop is larger, like a couple inches long and 3/4 around. It looks like a cacoon (sp) and is filled with bones from mice and little critters that they eat. It's from porkies.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Back door to the Tootsie Roll factory?:pukey:

·
THwack--CRASH
11,135 Posts
i agree with this person, i have found the same pile here in mi yes it was a porcupine!!!

i can see some of you have never been in a woods!!!!
It's pure porcupine poop pile

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not owl poo. Owl poop is larger, like a couple inches long and 3/4 around. It looks like a cacoon (sp) and is filled with bones from mice and little critters that they eat. It's from porkies.
owls dont "poop" out bones...the caccon your talking about is not poop either....it is vomit
they regurgeitate it ....its made up of bones and hair and other things im not sure of...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks

I did find a dead porcupine about 30 yds from it. I will have to go back and check out if the tree is hollow. I bet it is. I didn't check though. what do they do when the fill the tree up? Find another one. that is a lot of crap from a porcupine!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
They look like smart pills. Of course you`ll have to taste them to find out if you got any smarter.:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts