Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting my first bow buck inked on me but would also like to incorporate my faith into it as they are both very important to me! I was thinking maybe a verse under it but am open to all ideas. Help me out! :cool:

Thanks!
buck.jpg

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Genesis 27:3 ESV
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Genesis 9:3 ESV /
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As a tattoo'ed man of faith my motto has always been no words or letters. But that's just me. As for quotes - I do like Gen 27:3 (will admit I should read up on at least Gen 27 Haha)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad, I think I am going to get this. Simple and so true! :cool:

Great and marvelous are his works.
Revelations 15:3

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Christianity, Thank you! Actually(although you can't really tell in the pic) the way my taxidermist did his ears cockeyed he appears MUCH wider than it is. Hes very good at what he does :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a number of tattoo's. I am in my mid forties now, and I had mine done when I was in my early twenties. You have great ideas. My only advice is to settle on a design, then wait 6 to 8 months to make sure it is what you really want. They never go away! LOL

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a number of tattoo's. I am in my mid forties now, and I had mine done when I was in my early twenties. You have great ideas. My only advice is to settle on a design, then wait 6 to 8 months to make sure it is what you really want. They never go away! LOL
Lol I have been pretty set on this since I shot him in Sept, the way everything fell in the place to get this deer is crazy. I figure 2 things I will never regret are bowhuntinting and christ. I just cant decide on what to get with it!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
U.S.A. inside the spread!!

·
Team BNN
1,384 Posts
I like Athens new R120, Which is Romans 1:20
Romans 1:20
New International Version (NIV)

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Figure out how you want the animal portrayed first. Profile, 3/4, front, top, and whole head as its mounted, or more of the euro-mount look. That will give you something to work with. Verses are great, but how easily writing of any type fades over the years of a tattoo I tend to avoid them. Consider a symbol instead, either a subtle cross, rosery, or other symbol behind, or around the neck of the buck. Gives it a touch of faith, and will still look good for years down the road.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skeet, I really like that! keep them coming!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else? How about hunting tat ideas in general?

·
Premium Member
26,833 Posts
Take the Advice from a Man who is covered in Tattoos,Dont listen to anybody about Tatts,There going to be on Your Body,Get what you and you alone want and like and Enjoy them,I do!

·
Registered
211 Posts
You could always have a cross resting in the antlers like people do arrows.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have also been thinking about getting one with somehow incorporating a deer head along with a bow i can somewhat picture it being like a euro mount with the bow in his antlers or something like that...

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'd say split 'em up into two separate tattoos.

A lot of people try to force some kind of symbolism into their tattoos that doesn't belong there, which makes for an awkward piece of art that doesn't really work perfectly on an esthetic or a symbolic level.

Get your buck, then get a bible verse on the opposite shoulder or something. Making a connection between the two seems like a stretch.

Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 33 Posts