Archery Talk Forum banner

Help Me Pick A New Phone With Verizon

621 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  YankeeRebel
I am fixing to upgrade (maybe.... if the price is right) with Verizon here in October. I am asking everyone to help me choose a phone that will be both user friendly and capable to surf the net. I'm currently eying the LG Dare and Verizon is gonna release a Blackberry Storm here in November. :)

Has anyone here on ArcheryTalk been using their Verizon cell phone to come here and surf? Please give me some thoughts on what you would choose with Verizon and why. I am currently on a 1400 minute family package ( 2 phones) with the added 250 text/pictures and my current bill is right around $115.00 a month. Thanx for any and all input. :thumb:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,193 Posts
I've been using a BlackBerry with Verizon for 2 years and couldn't be happier. You should definitely go with a BB of some flavor.

· >>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using a BlackBerry with Verizon for 2 years and couldn't be happier. You should definitely go with a BB of some flavor.
Thanx for your response Yellowfin. Are you getting the internet, such as surfing or web browsing with your Blackberry? And if so,what are you paying to Verizon to do this? Thanx again. :thumb:

· Registered
4,642 Posts
Another option is the Motorola Q.

I use it for work and really like it alot. Allows me to catch up on emails and the like when Im out and about.

The only thing I don't like about the Q is the browser. It runs good for most websites, but I have a couple of business sites that dont offer a mobile browser version and the functionality gets a little iffy, buts its usually not too big an issue.

If the Q had a "real" browser like the I-phone does.... I think it would be the perfect phone.

· Registered
480 Posts
im with verizon too, i looked at the dare but the voyager sold me with the full keyboard. I text too much not to have it.

· Registered
2,406 Posts
I've got the BB pearl, so a little different from the one you are looking at but I love it...one problem with it is that the roller ball on the pearly tends to get gunked up and needs cleaning now and then. OS is great, get email and do internet with ease. Keyboard takes a little getting use to as its small but some of the other BB's have a little bigger keyboard you might like.

· >>>--Shoot Em' Up---->
19,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx everyone...I got a sneak preview from Verizon of the NEW BLackBerry Storm that's due out in November. It's alot like the Dare. It's all touch screen.

I may wait till this Storm comes out. It may be the BOMB if ya know what I mean. I was at a Bowshoot Sunday and got to see the DARE in action and it was pretty impressive.

Anyone else have the Blackberry's or LG Dare? Let me know about your surfing experience with them. Are they relatively fast with great graphic's? Thanx for your input. :thumb:

· Registered
2,655 Posts
I am with Verizon also. Great company for service. Unfortinatly managment decided that all of us would use the TREO. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ONE!
Yes I have strong feelings about that phone, all of them are negative. I heard that the company was going to replace the phones with something windows based (the TREO is Palm). I sent out a text message to my co-workers. In the message I said that we could have a party at my farm. I got to use the M1-A on my phone, and I offered shot-guns, .45 pistols, a 44Mag, and several .22's to the others who do not have a gun. One guy responded that he wanted a small hammer. "That way I can whack it 1,000 times and make it suffer!"
I guess I am not the only one who hates the TREO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.