Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellow AT friends, I'm in the market for a new thumb release and have narrowed it down to either a Stan Super X Trio or a TruBall Boss X. These are, I think, my best choices for my budget. I am wanting to go brand new only. It will be used for some 3D and hunting for sure. I really like a super crisp trigger with no trigger travel. I am also wanting it to be quiet for hunting as well. Anyone have any experiences with either of these two? I know there is a lot of positive feedback from all of the Stan releases on here but haven't really heard much from the Boss X. Lean me into either one...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Truball absolute 360 works awesome. Just traded to this after shooting a carter chocolate addiction and a Stan Shootoff. The rotating head really reduces torque.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ok fellow AT friends, I'm in the market for a new thumb release and have narrowed it down to either a Stan Super X Trio or a TruBall Boss X. These are, I think, my best choices for my budget. I am wanting to go brand new only. It will be used for some 3D and hunting for sure. I really like a super crisp trigger with no trigger travel. I am also wanting it to be quiet for hunting as well. Anyone have any experiences with either of these two? I know there is a lot of positive feedback from all of the Stan releases on here but haven't really heard much from the Boss X. Lean me into either one...
Love my Stans for larger handed folks...

The original SuperX had some mechanical issues... go with the current model SX2 or the Shootoff instead. At one point a few folks were returning theirs for the SX2 updated model.

I kept my original SuperX as it still feels the best in my hand, but it's produced some wildly inconsistent results for me, so it's been replaced by a shootoff... couple arrows into the ceiling and one into the floor convinced me that it's just not reliable.

Any Truball release is also a great choice, but stay clear of the original SuperX...

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
What are the prices of the two releases that you listed?

I have no experience with them. I have a Carter Just Cuz+ and it has zero travel. It's incredible.

·
Registered
633 Posts
What are the prices of the two releases that you listed?

I have no experience with them. I have a Carter Just Cuz+ and it has zero travel. It's incredible.
All the Shootoff, SX-2, and JustX thumb triggers are $200.

Scott Exxus is the same price, and is pretty much an identical release for all intents and purposes.

·
ChickenBob 60X
1,339 Posts
Have shot the Boss series for over 12 years. The littel boss, chappy boss and now the bossX. Have never had a bad one yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts