Archery Talk Forum banner

Help Me Pick A Rest

849 Views 28 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  shooter6687
I'm wanting to try out a drop away for my General. I just wanted to know what any other General shooters were using OR opinions on what to try. I don't think I will need to list this but Im RH, 27.5" Draw, and shooting 60#'s.

Im currently using a biscuit. Any help is appreciated.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Mine...

I have a Expert II in black on mu general. Super quiet and the easiest to adjust.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also forgot to mention I shoot blazers and have to have cock vane out (away from riser) what that effect the qad?

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas... anyone else?

Just wondering too what makes the new G5 expert so easy to adjust? (not a sarcastic comment)

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome, Thanks man... Hey weren't you the guy that shot that real nice half moose-half buck (palmation on the left side) for your first archery deer?

· Registered
754 Posts
Ripcord

Love my ripcord...like it better than my brothers limb driver he has on his guardian. I like snapping it up and forgetting it. One problem with the ripcord is if you let down the rest comes down as well, but I have gotten good at catching it so no big deal anymore.

I have not dealt with their customer service, haven't needed to, but i heard they are great people to deal with, always going above and beyond.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone use Trophy Taker Xtreme top slot?

I'd like to know a little more about the new G5 Expert too, if anyone can help.

· Registered
1,265 Posts
I shoot all QAD rests, Mine, my wifes and all my buddies. I think they are just as easy as any to setup and once you get it setup you can forget about any problems. Hands down the best rest I have used or seen..... IMO

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Trophy Taker. More North American trophies taken with this rest than any other, Period! Spring operated. A spring is the most reliable "Drop away" operated component available. Ever heard of keeping it simple? Took a beautiful 9' 3/4" Grizzly in Iliamna , AK with one. Any questions? Didn't trust my QAD in a possible life/death hunt.

· Registered
3,272 Posts
Had a ripcord, but didn't like that it went down even when you had to let up without shooting.
I now have the cheaper model QUAD for $50, what a fantastic fallaway full containment rest!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.