Archery Talk Forum banner

Help me pick a stab!

1944 Views 48 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  RI Max
I"m shooting an X-force with a couple of add on weights and an S-coil screwed in, it comes out to about 8 oz. and 6". Its time to upgrade and I've narrowed it down to a 8", 11 oz. B-stinger ($85) or a Doinker A-bomb Carbon 3-D 10.5" stab ($60). I believe the Doinker weighs 8.3 oz.

This will be my main hunting set-up and won't consider anything longer than the Doinker. Right now I'm really leaning toward the Doinker. Anyone have experience with the Doinker or the 8" B-stinger?
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I have shot both Doinker Power Bars and a 12 inch B-Stinger....take it for what it is worth....

The B-Stinger is hands down, absolutely head and shoulders above the rest.

Go with a 8.5 incher and a quick disconnect - that will put you around 10 inches.....perfect.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
look at posten. he has 2 nice hunting stabs called the slim jimz and the woodsman 1 and 2. they r cheap and good from what i hear. i ordered one for myself. i payed $75 for a woodsman 2 with a carbon isert additional screw in weights and a case. and its cheaper in straight up black.

but b stinger is nice to. the slim jimz r kinda like a b stinger.

· Registered
585 Posts
I"m shooting an X-force with a couple of add on weights and an S-coil screwed in, it comes out to about 8 oz. and 6". Its time to upgrade and I've narrowed it down to a 8", 11 oz. B-stinger ($85) or a Doinker A-bomb Carbon 3-D 10.5" stab ($60). I believe the Doinker weighs 8.3 oz.

This will be my main hunting set-up and won't consider anything longer than the Doinker. Right now I'm really leaning toward the Doinker. Anyone have experience with the Doinker or the 8" B-stinger?
I am using the 10.5 Doinker A-Bomb (Model BC10) on my x force. I love mine. Wasn't sure if the length would bother me for hunting. No worries.

· Registered
15,695 Posts
The best stabilizer for shock and noise is the Vibracheck Omega. That being said i have a bstinger on my 82nd and a posten on my commander. Im thinking the omega will look nice on my 09 bow of choice, either hoyt, bowtech, or pse. I may have to go pse since nobody else in our shop shoots them. As long as they shoot better for me in the 09's than my previous xforce, i just couldn't shoot that bow.:confused:

· Archery is a Passion...
3,018 Posts
I've been looking into the stabs' by a new company, Paradigm Archery you should really check them out. Some of the design features are really innovative. Take a look.

www.paradigmarchery.com

thenson

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
Well I just happen to have the perfect stabilizer for an X-Force that I need to sell....
8" Vibracheck Omega in matching MossyOak New Breakup. I had it on my X-Force and it balanced the bow really well and killed any and all vibrations it might have had....Plus PSE owns Vibracheck now so you know it looks nice on the X-Force. Lemme know if you need one, mine is in great shape and I'd cut you a good deal on it.

· Registered
700 Posts
Hey selemdog, thats the Doinker I'm looking at. Have you compared it to the B-stinger?

Price is a factor on my decision also.
This is a video of the 2007 NFAA Female BHFS National Champion shooting two different stabilizers. The video was shot on Saturday at those championships. The B-Stinger is the 12 inch 11oz model. She did not know she was being filmed until afterwards. Notice the bow movement in both shots. With a broadhead on the tip of your arrow ready to expose any additional movement from a poor shot, which bow is stabilized to resist movement the best? http://stores.b-stinger.com/Page.bok?template=VideoClips

Regarding price...if the B-Stinger does not out perform any other bow hunting class stabilizer to the point that it justifies it's price for you, we will buy it back from you with the 30 day money back guarantee.

I hope this helps.

Here is a pic of an 8.5 inch on a Katera.
Camouflage

· *Chick Repellent*
21,419 Posts
Just buy the most expensive one you can find, then go to the range and stand around bragging about it to all the other shooters. You will make many friends this way!! hah :D

· Registered
740 Posts
Try South Shore for a B-Stinger I got a 12" 14oz shipped for $82

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Ive tried most every stabilizer on the market on a variety of different set-ups and the best I have found for reducing shock and noise is the Stealth hunter. Love my 8" 12 0z. www.stealtharchery.com

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.