Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriend decided she wanted to hunt this year. she's been shooting 3d for a few years now and i guess just got the urge to take the sport to the next level. so i was setting her bow up to hunt and the rest she is using has got to be the noisiest thing i have ever heard. it is a trap door mach 4 rest. i don't have the money to buy her a new one or i would and just skip the hassle so does anyone here know any tricks to quiet this dang thing
thanks
dave

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
go on ebay and find a used one with old style launcher on it I picked up two cheap took old launcher and put it on new rest verry quiet if you can't find one there pm me I have an extra and I think if I buy the slayer I will go with diff rest. I paid 30.00 just so I could get the launcher make offer.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nontypical 12 said:
go on ebay and find a used one with old style launcher on it I picked up two cheap took old launcher and put it on new rest verry quiet if you can't find one there pm me I have an extra and I think if I buy the slayer I will go with diff rest. I paid 30.00 just so I could get the launcher make offer.

it's not the launcher it's the internal meachanism that's making all the noise

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Mine makes noise when I shoot it in a garage but outside you can't even hear it, I put some moleskin on the shelf so it wouldn't come down on it and make that noise, I personally believe it is the nature of the interia dropping arrowrests as there are parts in that black box that have to be loose in order for it to work the way it does, I might be wrong, just my guess. This is the first drop away rest i have ever owned and I am just tickled pink to get real good arrow flight with it, like I said outside it is quieter and with the moleskin on the shelf it is really quiet, let me know if you get it quited down. Good luck, Dave

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
BOWGOD said:
it's not the launcher it's the internal meachanism that's making all the noise

Probably the best thing is to call Montana Black Gold and tell them what the problem is. My guess is that they'll send you a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts