Archery Talk Forum banner

help me score this monster buck

554 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  OHIOBUCK
I have one pic of him last year and just seen him again last night he never was seen during season. This deer is in west virginia and not under any kind of managment but think he needs to give me at least one chance this season. Ok what age and score???? first picture is fall 07

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,277 Posts
This deer grossed right above 145. He was nice an tall like yours but a little better mass on a 10 point frame. Elkins, WV...boy I got caught in a terrible snow storm in Elkins a few years back:eek: Hope you get that big boy!

Attachments

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I live in between Elkins and Buckhannon I caretake for a summer cabin resort and I am the only bowhunter on 3000 acres. a few members gun hunt but only a few days. I have talked them into addind food plot money into the budget so things will only get better

Attachments

· Registered
3,609 Posts
I say around 140 and no more than 4.5 years old. His legs still look a little long and he is cut and muscular like a race horse. Unless an eight point has really good G1's(along with G2"s and G3's) or a ton of mass, it is really hard to score over 140.

An eight point with 25" of points ( one side)..........25" main beam(talking great main beams).............4" bases (usually will score 25 on cir. measurements)...............17" spread = 142"

This buck has all of that except maybe not quite 25" main beams. Great looking 8pt. I hope you get him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.