Archery Talk Forum banner

help me set up an Eclipse 2712

823 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  SHPoet
I've never set up a "strictly indoor" arrow before. I've always tried to get my arrow as light as possible with the best FOC as possible. This is a whole new ballgame to me. I shoot a Vantage Elite, at 60 pounds, 28" DL. How long do I want these arrows? What weight should I go with in the end (I want a ProPoint, either 250 or 300 gr), what nocks?, what vanes? Any help appreciated...
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
Mine are similar to N7709Ks. 31", 300 gr point, with 4" feathers,supernocks. Remember you don't care about trajectory, BH tuning, wind drift, or penetration. All you need is consistency.

· Registered
4,555 Posts
From my ProElite. (30.25/60) my 2712 are cut to 29" (shank only) with 300gn up front and 5" feathers taped to the back. I prefer the Easton 3D Super nocks.

For my setup they come out just a touch stiff. but they fly great. I believe total arrow weight is right at 672 and they go a whopping 200fps.

About the same should work excellent for you setup. If you wanted, an extra 1/2 to 1' would soften the spine just a touch.

Mitch

· Registered
1,787 Posts
I shoot XXXs right at 28"draw length, 150 gr, pin nock, three inch slight offset feathers. I like a 1/2inch nock high tear on stiff shafts. They fly like darts. I have been trying them out to 60 yards for an indoor 900 round and they shoot as good as ACCs, no wind of course

· Registered
2,282 Posts
Hoyt Protec at 56#- 27.5 dl- shooting Eclipse X7 2613 at full length, 5" feathers, and 300 gr. tips- not protips (I like to make holes in the paper to shoot too!). Tried carbon-30X's- could not get consistant patterns. This old Platinum Hoyt likes aluminum!!

· Shootin and Cussin
27,263 Posts
Heck, I have to weigh my indoor 2712 arrows on the bathroom scale!!!

I cut them to 30" and shoot 250gr points. 4" feathers and Accu-Nocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.