Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting my No-Peep since last summer with no issues.

Tonight i was shooting and all of a sudden i am not lined up properly with the no-peep so i adjust my head and shoot high, next shot higher, third shot hits the wood frame and by now it is uncomfortable to try and line up the no peep to make the shot.

I then decide to try drawing with my eyes closed, anchor, open my eyes, ignore the No-Peep, move the pin to the bulls eye - bang right back where the arrow belongs.

It appears that somehow my entire No-Peep mounting bracket rotated. I have no idea how considering it is sandwiched between the riser and the sight frame and the sight is tight as far as i can tell. I am going to remove the quiver bracket and check the sight/No-Peep bolts and realign things.

I did two things tonight and i am not sure if either was a contributing factor.
I switched from a LORE Stabilizer to a Diamond Wild Thing and I found a loose screw on my cam (Bowtech Justice). It was one of the screws that holds the module stamped F3 in place.

Thanks for any assistance, tips or advice

Joe

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me this summer. The problem is that the no peep gets sandwiched in between the slippery riser paint and the sight. The solution I came up with was to remove the sight and no peep and apply double sided tape to the riser around the area of the no peep.

This sticks it down and keeps it from creeping with vibration. Then I reinstalled the sight and re-aligned the no peep. No problems so far...

·
Registered
94 Posts
on the other hand, you should be glad the no-peep has done its job. Train you to have a consistent anchor, which you noticed wasnt right and were able to correct. Maybe its time to just remove it all together....

I love my no-peep, btw

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gfish said:
on the other hand, you should be glad the no-peep has done its job. Train you to have a consistent anchor, which you noticed wasnt right and were able to correct. Maybe its time to just remove it all together....

I love my no-peep, btw

Yeah i almost feel like i dont need it, but it will be a nice security blanket when i am drawing on a nice buck with the heart poundng :)

Thanks for the info Dartonfan. I wonder if some spray adhesive on the riser would work or if it wouldnt be thick enough.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Even when you don't need it, leave the NP on. It will always appear in your periphery and let you know if you are inadvertently torqueing or if something in your equipment has changed.

It does sound like the bracket just rotated. I've had it happen, too. I just put blue Loctite on the sight screws and tighten them well. They won't vibrate loose this way. The double-sided tape seems like it would work well, too.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts