Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i must be torqueing my bow something fierce. i cant get a properly spined arrow to bullet hole. the only luck i've had so far is to use a super stiff arrow. i currently shoot an 05 allegiance set at 60lbs and a 28" draw and my arrows are cut to 26 1/2". the bow being not in tune is out of the question as i had crackers do his thing to it. i can smack arrows together all day with field points but the minute i try shooting any 400 spine arrow with a broadhead on it i blow them 6" left and 1" low and get a mean tear while paper tuning. if i shoot a 340 spine arrow i can get bullet holes easily but havent tried broadheads on them yet. anyone got any pics of a proper grip that i can try and mimick or got any other thoughts as to what might be happening.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Download

Download the Easton tuning gulde, and try some of the steps in there to get your broadheads and FP to fly togather...
A couple things come to mind....I would to the walkback test to check your centershot, and dont worry about the paper tuning.... a 400 spined arrow cut to
26 1/2in is probably much stiffer than the 400... the 400 is mesured a like 29in and shorter will make it stiffer... are you trying different wieght BH??? try turning the poundage up or down to see if they get closer!!!
Kind of what Im getting at is, if you can shoot consitant with FP, your grip shouldnt change just cause your shooting BH's!!!! I would say its in your arrow setup!!! Example... buddy and I have the almost exact set up, he shoots 400s with 100gr and I shoot 360s with 125gr, I shoot 100gr and its to stiff for our set up!!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will try walk back tomorrow. i am using identical field tips and broadheads for all arrows(125grn). just wondering if the broadheads tend to show form flaws more than field tips.

·
Registered
18,077 Posts
patriotvft said:
will try walk back tomorrow. i am using identical field tips and broadheads for all arrows(125grn). just wondering if the broadheads tend to show form flaws more than field tips.
yes they do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts