Archery Talk Forum banner

Help me tune my Hoyt. Please!!

1031 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  micah
O.K. here is my question/problem. I went to a local bowshop to get this razortec tuned up for my wife today. I tried to get the string in the timing mark but failed miserably. The cams do seem to be rotated the same in the rest position, the string is just outside the timing mark on the top and bottom. Is this o.k.?
But, whenever you draw it back and have someone look at them. The cams are way off. one is way more advanced than the other. Shouldn't they be the same? Or, is this the way they are supposed to be?
I did get it shooting pretty good through paper, but wouldn't it actually shoot better if one cam wasn't more advanced than the other.
Please help.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
tuning your Hoyt

1. go to the Pro Shop
2. Seek out your favorite salesmen
3. Ask him for a For Sale sign
4. Place the sign on your Hoyt and hope someone buys it
5. Place your Order for a Spectrum III
6. Begin shooting better scores

· Registered
68 Posts
tune hoyt

First, don't listen to Mr.Inner Circle.
Second, the two lines on the cams are not tuning line, they are performance mark, if they are in the same place on both cams thats good. The top cam should be just ahead of the bottom and you should be alright. Does everybody agree?

· Registered
10,925 Posts
Time the cams like a 2 cam bow - cables touching the same at full draw - shoot through paper and enjoy one of the best shooting machines ever assembled.

· Registered
266 Posts
YES, YES, YES... You are absolutly right... The marks on the cams are NOT timing marks, they are just referance marks... If you want to tune your cam 1/2, all you need to do is make sure the string hits the draw stops at the same time... The top one should fall all the way into the pocket the whole length down at the same time the bottom one hits the rubber stop... Do this and you will have one hell of a straight shootin bow...

Keep your stick on the ice...:D

· X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Set your centershot to 3/4" from inside of sight window to center of arrow. Nock point so the arrow looks perpendicular to the string. You should have it shooting good. Just go and shoot groups to fine tune it.

· Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,059 Posts
IVE FOUND THAT IF YOU LENGTHEN OUT YOUR CABLES TO WHERE THEY HIT THE LONG MARKS IT WILL SHOOT THE BEST. ITS TAKEN SOME TRIAL AND ERROR BUT IT WORKS , AND I KNOW A FEW PROS WHO HAVE DONE THE SAMETHING.

· Registered
43 Posts
micah,str8arrow,has a valid point, I shoot a 03 target ut with 3000 limbs with cam and half. I shoot the factory string about 600 times, the string strectched but was still inside the "performance marks", but the bottom cam was advanced more than the top but felt fine . When I put my winners choice strings and cables on the pro shop told me to set the cams on the flat spot where they both lie on the long marks ,that they found the bow shoots best this way .Now both are in sync and seem to help the performance of the bow.Also take out the rubber draw dampener to really make the wall solid.It works!!!

Brian

· Registered
298 Posts
Lengthen the cable that controls the top cam (the one without the yoke) until it is almost even with the inside line (long line) this will advance the top cam and give you a better wall. This really helped me get better results out of my cam1/2. hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.