Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like any input from you guys that know about timing and tuning the Strother Infinity.

I am now an owner of a 2010 Strother Infinity and I have the LD cams with the 0 mods for 31" draw.

I am experienced in tuning a Hoyt but I have never dealt with a Strother so I just want any input on how to learn about adjusting this bow. I have printed off the spec sheet and tune chart from the website. I have the draw stops in the correct positions but I need to know what to do from there. I have called Strother and they still haven't had one of there tech's call me back yet after 3 days and 2 phone calls. I have been referred to a few other guys but no luck probably cuz they were closed when I called. So I just want some input on how to sync this baby up!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
up top for more info about serving the yoke any body have any pics of theirs
to the op dont mean to hijack your posts but i am a new owner of an infinity as well and would like some tuning tips

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to try and call Wes tomorrow and pick some knowledge up. Also I have been told to try serving the floating yoke up as well.

·
The pugs keeper
5,958 Posts
Serve the yoke at the y. This helped a ton. Then it's twisting cables to meet specs. I had Wes make new strings for me that were a static yoke and set up was easy.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want to get my bow in time and I don't know what the best way is to get it there. I am more familiar with hoyts. So I want to know if measuring from the top and bottom of the limbs for that measurement and adjusting is what I need to do? When I tried this I would get one cam timed proper and the adjust the other and it would throw them both off again. Do I need to take twists out of the string or what?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reason I ask if I need to take twists out of the string is because there are way to many twists in the cables from trying to figure out the timing. Also, how close should the bow be to spec when it is timed because when I was trying to figure it out the ATA was 3/8" to short and BH was 1/8" short of spec.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
You need to check the cam orientation at fulldraw. That will tell if one cam is ahead of the other. Don't start messing with the cables till you see which cam needs adjustment.

Check draw weight. Ata means nothing.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It has 65 lb limbs on it and I have it set at 63.8#. I put it on the draw board last night and the bottom peg was hitting and the top one was out about 5/16"

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
It has 65 lb limbs on it and I have it set at 63.8#. I put it on the draw board last night and the bottom peg was hitting and the top one was out about 5/16"
63.8# is that maxed out. If not what is it maxed out?

By pegs do you mean draw stops? They should hit at the same time. They are movable.... but you need to look at the rotation......timing marks....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just went through this with a customer in my shop last week....at 31". Call Strother again and talk to them, they have a few guys who can talk to you so try again. They are very helpful. If you can get it to shoot at 31", I'd love to swap some notes with you. Great bows and I really like the company, but the long draws on the 2010 cams have some issues.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I talked with Strother Archery earlier today. The guy I spoke with said that these long draw cams are a beast of their own. He said to just get it as close to you can with a caliper measuring to the tuning hole from the logo side of the limbs. When I tried doing this last night it seemed like the cables were over twisted and the timing was still off when I attempted timing it. So he told me I will need to take twists out of the string. He said when you measure the timing marks if you are within +/-.040" of the given measurement on each side they are in good position. From there its just a very fine tune if you want to go the extra step. After that he said to use a draw board and see where the draw stops need to be moved to. The spec sheet states the position but it says +/- .2" given that he said is where you find exactly where the stops need to go at full draw on the board.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,037 Posts
Not sure what part of KS your calling home, but there's a guy named Shannon Andrews...aka Bowfreak on here that has a shop on the western side of MO that is a tuning genius with these bows. I've got his phone # at home, I'll try to remember to get back on here tonite.

You might try pm'ing on here, he's a great guy, sells the devil out of these Strother bows, and could tune a rock to a stick !!
I don't know that much about tweak tuning, I just set mine up and shoot the daylights out of 'em !! :wink:

good luck on your fantastic new bow !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts