Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I purchased a used Invicta, it arrived today. I immediately noticed that the plastic ring that sits between the riser and the limbs, the one that touches the outer shell of the limb pocket, is missing on the top side of the bow. Has anyone ever run into something like this? The bow seems to be in great conditions, and it was presented as "like new". Obviously I am not looking for an absolute answer, but for best guess/guidance. Which is more likely?

1. Someone took apart the bow, to replace limbs perhaps, and forgot to put back the plastic loop.
  2. The previous owner did not like it, and removed it for aesthetic reasons
  3. The bow was severely damaged due to either drop or dry fire
Any guidance is appreciated. I have not gone out to shoot the bow just yet. Should I attempt to return the item? Pictures below.
20210621_183311.jpg
20210621_183311~2.jpg
20210621_183315.jpg
20210621_183330.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a used Invicta, it arrived today. I immediately noticed that the plastic ring that sits between the riser and the limbs, the one that touches the outer shell of the limb pocket, is missing on the top side of the bow. Has anyone ever run into something like this? The bow seems to be in great conditions, and it was presented as "like new". Obviously I am not looking for an absolute answer, but for best guess/guidance. Which is more likely?

1. Someone took apart the bow, to replace limbs perhaps, and forgot to put back the plastic loop.
  2. The previous owner did not like it, and removed it for aesthetic reasons
  3. The bow was severely damaged due to either drop or dry fire
Any guidance is appreciated. I have not gone out to shoot the bow just yet. Should I attempt to return the item? Pictures below. View attachment 7422082 View attachment 7422083 View attachment 7422084 View attachment 7422085
I just checked all of mine. They all have the plastic ring on top and bottom
Good luck mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the confirmation dragonbn, appreciate you checking for me. Now that we are 100% sure I am missing that piece, does anyone have any insights of how that might happen?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thank you for the confirmation dragonbn, appreciate you checking for me. Now that we are 100% sure I am missing that piece, does anyone have any insights of how that might happen?
Not sure on how it happened, but your local dealer could possibly order the part from Hoyt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI - I spoke with Hoyt customer support about this, and they were not at all surprised to hear that the part was missing. Apparently it happens during the assembly phase in their factory that someone forgets to install them, since there is no other way these spacers can get out of the pocket. I will ask my local Hoyt dealer to grab the parts for me and install them.
The support guy said that they do not have structural relevance and are there to help with vibrations.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The plot thickens, I have now measured the ATA to 41" (i am pretty sure it should be 40") Can anyone double check their Invitcta 40 ATA lenght?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The link won't open for me but your info is SUPER helpful - I will google the tune chart and double check but I have #5 SVX cams and it is more or less the same as yours. Thank you @419hayden

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That's not what you want to hear when it comes to the most expensive target bows one can buy! o_O

FYI - I spoke with Hoyt customer support about this, and they were not at all surprised to hear that the part was missing. Apparently it happens during the assembly phase in their factory that someone forgets to install them, since there is no other way these spacers can get out of the pocket. I will ask my local Hoyt dealer to grab the parts for me and install them.
The support guy said that they do not have structural relevance and are there to help with vibrations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts