Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've run into a problem. I'm using a new sight this year - a Top Pin by Trophy Taker. The sight looks awesome, but when I try to mount my quiver bracket onto the sight using the drilled holes, they seem to be too small for the screws to fit. My wife also has the same sight, and we run into the same issue. I didn't want to force them as to strip the threads. I tried the screws with a few other sights I own and they screw in perfectly. Can you tell me what size threads the TT Top pin is drilled for so I can get my quiver bracket mounted?

Thanks in advance ......

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The threads that are tapped into a TT Top Pin are 10-24 NC. They are the same size as the standard thread size on all bow sight mounting holes.
What type of quiver do you have to mount? All the bow quivers that I've seen have had 10-24 supplied with them.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
A quiver bolting into a sight?????? I'm totally confused on this one.:confused:
My quiver bolts onto my bow. Maybe I'm getting the flu and I'm not thinking straight.
I have the Top Pin and love it though. I just wish the bottom pins were micro adjust as well.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The quiver is an Alpine Soft Lock. The quiver bracket mounts onto the sight bracket, and the body of the quiver can easily be removed. There are two holes tapped and drilled toward the rear of the Top Pin sight directly behind the last set of holes used to mount the sight to the riser, and I'm assuming this is where the quiver bracket mounts on.

C-Fused: I agree, there is a standard size for mounting, but I wasn't aware of that size specifically. The supplied screws for the quiver bracket work fine when screwed into the mounting holes of other sights (I tried three other sights at home and they all worked fine - thus backing up what you've said), but the mounting holes drilled into my Top Pin sight are too small and won't accept the threads for the screws supplied with the quiver like my other sights will. They won't go in easy like they will in my other sights, and if I twist much they will most likely strip out.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check my sight out tonight.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts