Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a good target bow. I was going to go hunting this season, but that looks like it won't happen.

I've got an opportunity to get a PSE, but I don't have any experience with them, so some inside info would be great.

I'm looking at these three:
Primos
Dakota
Supra Synergy Pro 65

They all have longer ATA and brace height, which is what I want.

I'll be shooting a pure BT release (Tru-Ball or Carter-not sure).

Can anyone give me some input as t the differences in these models. Which is smoother? Which is decently forgiving? I like a harder wall when I shoot BT, which will be best for that?

I'm not going to have the luxury of being able to spend much time testing. so I'd like to get as much info as I can before I go.

Thanks
-Walkman

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,256 Posts
If you can afford the 2003 Primos STL, that would be my choise, hands down. I have shot all three and own a Primos STL. Fast and forgiving.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would honestly look at the Mach 11. It has a 8 1/2" brace height and a 39" axle to axle which should be very forgiving. If you get the stinger cam you should be able to get good speed and a solid wall. It would probably cost a little more money than the others but in my opinion it would be well worth it.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Walkman,
Man, you ask a tuough question! Every bow that you mentioned is a great choice. Keyman and Wingman also offered you some really great choices to!
My Big Brimmed Archery hat tips for the Mach-11. It is the Fagship of the PSE line and a real sweet bow to shoot! My next bow will be a Mach-11!!!!!! :)

The best advice I can give you is to go out and shoot each one. That way you will find your perfect bow.

If you don't find it in the PSE line, then go out and test shoot the Bowtechs. They have some really fine shooting bows! I have now tried their whole linup and I think I like them as much as I do the PSE lineup! :eek: ;) :) :D

Dick

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.

After reading all the responses here and on the PSE forum (and looking in my pocket book) it looks like the Primos is in the lead, followed by the Dakota, until I test shoot them.

-Walkman

·
Occam's Razor
8,322 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
KING...

...have another cup and get that "other eye" open!!...LOL...

...he's been there and done that:D ...

...GRANDPAW...you meant FLAGship didn't you??:p ...

...PSE makes some GREAT equipment...I have a Nova 4 split limb for hunting that I would trade for all the tea in China:cool: ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
pse bows

you never specified what kind of target's you are shooting if you are going for the 3-d primo's is the #1 choice, for field or target the supra is taking off like a rocket, the dakota is basically a camo version of the supra , but I agree with grandpaw the MACH11 is the captain of the pse team if you want to spend that many $$$$
but maybe I am being kinda one sided since I own 2 M11.. and I am looking for #3 ..................

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
If you like the feel of a 2-cam, then I'd strongly suggest looking at the Supra of the 3 you listed. I shot mine for most of the indoor season and then set it up and have been using it exclusively for outdoor field/hunter and FITA rounds with good results.

If you prefer the feel of a solo cam bow, then I'd consider the Primos STL. I watched a couple people use that bow with excellent results for both indoor, outdoor target, and 3D. I don't have a lot of experience w/ the Primos, but the few arrows I flung out of one earlier this year showed to me that the bow was capable of good things.

Just to add to the above opinions................

>>------->

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Walkman;

I agree with CHPro, of the 3, I would pick the Supra. If you are really concerned with a smooth draw the Synergy Pro 65 wheels are fine. But if you want a harder wall and a little more speed (if you are thinking of outdoor target shooting) look at the Maxis cams.

-CG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts