Archery Talk Forum banner

Help needed

429 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  coxva
HEY fellow archers i have a problem.myself and my two young sons are avid archers and bow hunters and have always had a issue with people using crossbows,but heres the deal my 15 yr old son who loves archery more than any other type of hunting broke his arm yesterday during football practice.he is very upset because season is only a few weeks away and he cant pull back his new mathews DXT.So as bad as i hate to ask can anyone give me some info on crossbows and what would be a good brand for one seasons use.Thanks Bryan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Well if he has always had a issue with others using them. Why is it ok for him to use one when he thought that it wasnt for others. Now he has a tempory handicap so he needs one and its cool. But when others need to use ont its not.

· Registered
8,684 Posts
HEY fellow archers i have a problem.myself and my two young sons are avid archers and bow hunters and have always had a issue with people using crossbows,but heres the deal my 15 yr old son who loves archery more than any other type of hunting broke his arm yesterday during football practice.he is very upset because season is only a few weeks away and he cant pull back his new mathews DXT.So as bad as i hate to ask can anyone give me some info on crossbows and what would be a good brand for one seasons use.Thanks Bryan
my my my any mail order will sell you across bow. BassPro Cabelas Dicks

just look down your long noses and you will find. :rolleyes:

· Registered
50 Posts
The kid is 15. Let this be a learning experience. Things happen. And he's got another 70 years of things happening. Ya dont get a deer every year. Ya don't always get your way. Suck it up and be a good sport. No crossbow.

· Registered
698 Posts
Have you checked the classifieds on here? There is an entire forum devoted to crossbows. Do you have a local pro shop that could help guide you towards a brand ect. I will never understand why so many have issue with crossbows. It is a good thing your son wants to spend time in the woods sharing time with you. Maybe he will find the crossbow is not bad.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=132

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.