Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just herd back from a fella whos bow I just tuned and put new strings on it, fletched and cut his arrows. He called and said he fired, his bow with the new arrow, anyways his first shot his arrow broke in half about 1 inch past the vanes towards the point so only about 3 inches from the nock. WHAT happend here, these are brande new maxima arrows, 250 spine, his bow is set at 48lbs and 27 inch draw so they should of been fine. I told him not to shoot until I look at it, his peep cam flying out as well so he pretty much must of dry fired the bow.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
did he have the arrow knocked? or in right is he new to this? other then that unless the string came off the cam i seen this one time the string was off a cam could still pull pack and everything matter of fact this was last week i seen this on a matthews bow

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
302...you need to watch this guy shoot and make sure he's doing so safely. Something does not sound right here and the only way to figure it out is to go over his equipment then watch him draw and let down. Don't let him shoot until you are sure his bow is working properly and he is shooting it properly.

The 250 spinned arrows out of a 48# bow should be fine...something else is going on..

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
It must have been a defective or damaged arrow. Or he didn't have it on the rest properly. I've seen an arrow snap on a guy because the arrow was between the rest and the riser. Same kind of break, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts