Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I bought a kick ass admiral~ (just wanted to say that). my problem is that the draw is an inch too short; I read up on it and found that 2.5 on the module = 28.5 DL. the question I have is: how do I rotate the module? do I have to back off the limbs so there is slack then do it? or may I do it with tension on the limbs? let me know please. thank you

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
No need to touch the limbs or poundage, just take out the two allen screws that hold the mod to the cam, rotate it to where the little arrow points at the 2.5 spot, reinsert the screws, then do the same to the other cam. Once you are done with this, move the draw stops to the number 16 hole and you are good to go!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it just seems scary to touch it while it is under pressure.............. guess I just have the old bow mentality! new technology rocks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more question. I see that the top cam has a draw stop on one of the threaded holes, but the bottom cam doesn't; is that right or should both of the cams have stops

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
No need to be scared of changing the mods with the bow under tension, it was designed that way.

IIRC the eccentric draw stop is supposed to be on the bottom cam AND there is a corresponding hole it is supposed to be at in relation to the draw mod. setting.

!!!WARNING!!!! do not get these confused! if the draw stop on the cam is in the wrong position, and it over rotates...IT WILL LOCK UP AT FULL DRAW......ask me how I know.

Bowtech has this info on their site.

That particular bow responded incredibly well cam synch. Better than my Invasion. Just 1/2 turn on the cables one way or another to get sync made a world of difference in feel. The draw cycle was too weird for my liking.

Good luck

·
El Guapo
14,497 Posts
It was made to move. I have the same cams on my hunting bow. Like the others said it's as simple as removing 2 screws.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all, I just set the module and waxed up da' string! cant wait to get some shootin dun!

·
Registered
300 Posts
You can google search and download the owners manuel and it has pictures of how to make adjustments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts