Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Talked to the guy at victory archery and he said the light blue cap from gorilla glue works well. Was going to try it unless other people have options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Gorilla glue gel... green cap. Half insert the insert, put glue around the insert and jam it down fast using a table... it won’t come out... but if you need to you can use the drill bit method to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use hot glue for my inserts. Cheap and reliable. Never had one pull out plus it’s a lot easier to take inserts out if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have the axis arrows the hidden inserts
When I switched to Axis I started using a slow cure (24+ hr) 2-part epoxy, just like the one Easton supplies with the HIT inserts. Bet you can find something similar at Wally World. I personally buy a 20/20 golf shaft epoxy and keep the bottles in the fridge so they'll last forever in there. Can still use the epoxy for regular inserts too.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I used Gorilla glue and when it dried the ends of my arrows swelled. Some of the Gorilla glue expands when it hardens so you have to be carful on what Gorilla glue you use. I still have not found a glue that I love for either vanes or inserts. Like said before I do not like a fast dry on inserts I had a couple harden on me before I got the insert all the way in when they are tight fitting.

·
Registered
18,315 Posts
Hot melt. This only comes up about once a week.

·
Snowmobile Fanatic
4,619 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
437 Posts
i have the axis arrows the hidden inserts
On the axis shafts you have to be careful with super glues they can lock the insert before it is at the correct depth if you are not fast enough. Best to use supplied epoxy before they are fletched and laid flat on a table until cured.

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
I used the gorilla and loctite. The problem is it will become brittle and eventually it could break loose and insert come out. I didn’t hvs good luck with cool melt with the Axis so I used the epoxy they provide. On my datorch I used the cool melt and my target arrows. It stays until I need to get it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts