Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the top cam rolls into the track, where should you look for the contact? The bottom has the flat draw stop, but the top confuses me a bit. Should the string lay in the track all the way up to the lobe. I know this is something I probally need to see in person, but I thought I would ask.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wr, that helped for sure, now I know my friends bow needs some twisting to sink those cams on time , thanks alot....

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
I slip a piece of paper between the cable and cam (like a feeler gauge) with the bow at full draw.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Brett/NY said:
Wr, that helped for sure, now I know my friends bow needs some twisting to sink those cams on time , thanks alot....
Somebody From Hoyt or a Hoyt shooter needs to tell him that Hoyt cam & 1/2 have no timing!
I'm confused why would he need to do any twisting. Cam & 1/2 have no timing.

Once and for all do they or don't they have to be timed???????????:confused:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sorry but you are WRONG WRONGG WRONG WRONG, they do need to be timed. You need to get your facts straight son...

·
Registered
140 Posts
This sight would be alot better if people that don't know what they are talking about dont put in there 2 cents (especially if its wrong). If you look at the pictures and see that the cams are not rolling over at the same time and see it clearly where the string is not hitting the cam. What would you call that ? TIMING

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep it needs to be timed. If the control cable is too long or short it will affect the upper cam. I've been setting mine so the string lies in the groove all the way. That way both cams are hitting a wall and there is no play.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

You guys have said exactly what Mathews has been saying about HOYT and thier lies in thier ads when Hoyt states no timing.

Are you guys shooting the new Hoyt cam & 1/2"? And you are syaing that your bows need to be timed?

Just want some clarification so I will know what I am talking about.

I'm ready fro your 2cents.....................................................

:)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks matt

I knew the cams needed to be timed but like I stated earlier, the lower cam is easy to read because of the flat draw stop, but the top was confusing me a bit, thanks for the help....

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Archeryboy, click on the thread that WR gave me to check up on top, it is a long thread about cam and 1 /2 timing. You'll find it interesting. I first learned about the timing of these cams off this particular post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found out first hand and after seeing it you can clearly see that the top cam is not coming all the way around, therefore it is leaving ahead of the bottom cam when letting the bow down from full draw.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Easy

As we are still learning about the cam & 1/2 lets try and not holler to loud. I for one would listen to whatever anyone had to say about this system. It seems the bow will shoot ok even if its out a little. Seems some people want the top to hit just ahead of the bottom.
I'm a little leary of posting this OLD thread thinking it could cause trouble. :(
But I still like to see them hit as one, just for the piece of mind I guess, and I do think it helps the wall feel better??? This is only my thoughts and you all must know..... they ain't worth much.
I would like to see someone that really knows what their talking about comment on this subject.
AND... I would like to hear what anyone (old, new, educated, crazy) has to say. Lets try and keep a open mind and see what we can learn. I learn more about this bow all the time and the more I learn... the more I like it.
SOOOOO.... bring it on, don't be shay, if you have someone get on you a little for what you say... I for one will back you up. I don't want to hear its a piece of junk... If its junk, thats fine with me. Just tell me how to fix it. :D WR

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey WR, I have heard some of the same things. I heard of some who originally set the cables within the performance marks and the bow shot and grouped real well. Then they made a few cam timing adjustements and then they shot and grouped even better. I'm just a learner myself:D

·
Registered
644 Posts
The bow will shoot fine even if it is out of time. I have noticed though that if you do shoot a backtension release you will feel a " squishy" wall and have some high and low flyer. Just my experience with the cam.5. I know a few of the pros I talked to this year also said they like the cams to hit in synch.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Cam & 1/2

Archeryboy said:
Thanks for the replies.

You guys have said exactly what Mathews has been saying about HOYT and thier lies in thier ads when Hoyt states no timing.

Are you guys shooting the new Hoyt cam & 1/2"? And you are syaing that your bows need to be timed?

Just want some clarification so I will know what I am talking about.

I'm ready fro your 2cents.....................................................

Archeryboy, it seems that several people have twisted and turned the cams out just to learn more about it. It seems the bow still shoots fine when out of the PERFORMANCE MARKS BUT... to get the max performance out of the cams they need to be between the lines, and some fools... like me... think that if you go one step farther and use both stops that it helps even more and a better wall????
Its fine with me if Mathews or anyone else talks bad about the cam & 1/2, I might learn even more from their *****ing?
We all know that Sh** happens, strings and cables stretch, Hoyt said (and others) the bow will still shoot fine, but to keep it humming along twist it back to the marks.
I think that myself (and others) started all this about timing the cams and hiting both stops at the same time? I've never heard Hoyt say this.. just me and a few others.
This is the USA and this is MY thoughts... now.. if someone has a better plan... I want to hear it... I'm not the sharpest pecil in the pile and I want to learn more about this.
SOOO... bring it on and make me believe there is a better way. WR

:)
;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
So what we are learning is Hoyt really can't say there is no timing on the cam & 1/2.

We are also learning that it will still shot well enough if it is out of time, that most won't be able to tell.

Question does anyone feel that Hoyt lying about the no timing is a big problem?
And also as a Hoyt dealer or even someone who likes the Hoyt cam and 1/2 you should make sure to tell everyone intrested in A Hoyt cam & 1/2 that there is still timing on these bows?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I honestly dont know who says what about hoyt or any other company, and I personally dont care either. I know my Hoyt shoots sweet and I know my Scepter shoots sweet. And I'm happy:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts