Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions on a crossbow to buy as I am a newbie to the sport. I am willing to spend $800-$1000 for a good quality crossbow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as there are alot of brands on the market.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Which style are you interested in recurve or compound ? what fps ? what is yer main use of it ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased my first crossbow after using a compound bow for the last 20 years. I hunt around 4-5 days a week during bow season so I wanted something that was bulletproof. After doing research for months and looking at many bows, I narrowed my choices down to the Camx Chaos and the Excalibur Equinox. I chose the Chaos even though I never had a chance to see one based on what I read on their website and on archery forums. The chaos was so easy to set up and came sighted in. The trigger is great and its easy to cock by hand. I really liked the equinox and the prices were similar, but the width of the limbs was a concern for me. I see excaliber has a new bow that is narrower, but the price is also higher and I really dont know if I want to cock a 260 lb bow by hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts