Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switch froma Q2 to a Trykon..Having a really hard time getting use to the Parrel limb design Bows..Going on 2 weeks now and still not really stacking the arrows..It's not a Mathews Hoyt thing so please don't start that..Bow is set up for me and it is proper draw and weight..Just not getting it..When I stack them I am busting arrows but when not the are all over the target...I have even missed the target..Need some confidence soon..Thanks

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I don't know, but maybe you are still getting used to the bow. I think the brace heights on both bows are pretty comparable. So be patient and everything will come together. Good luck

·
Lou & Jode
10,783 Posts
Maybe the hybrid cam design is what's hard for you to get used to,the draw curve on those two bows are quite differant.Most of the hybrids build poundage early in the draw cycle and fade slowly into the wall,the Q2 builds increasing poundage thoughout the draw before it lets off at the wall.I feel the hybrids are more forgiving to a poor release but more critical for a solid follow through than the Mathews single cam,I shoot the hybrids best with back tension and the mathews I shoot best on command,maybe that's just me,I do know that your going to have to dedicate some time to get used to the differant design.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
This seems universal for most of the shooters I know; including me. 3 of us work in the same shop and we've all bought new hunting bows recently. All of us are going through tweaking, tuning, and swapping stuff. None of us are completely happy with the way we're shooting. We've all decided it's just a newness thing. The bows are fine. We're talking about a Parker Hornet, a Hoyt Trykon, and a Cougar C4 Nitrous. We just haven't been able to achieve the Vulcan Mind Meld with our bows yet. It'll all come together shortly.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always used a kisser button but with the Trykon when I put it on it was on top of the loop so i did not install it..I have not put it back on and thisngs are a lil better..I also switced from a Tru-Ball Tornado release ot a Scoot lil Goose..Did a 18- on archery this year..I know I will smoke them at 0-25 but right now would not shoot beyond 25 yards..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts