Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have what i was told to be a pearson recurve, the info painted on the bow is this:

cat 2511
lgth 5'4"
ser R7154
[email protected]" 50#

i don't know what length string i need the one that came with it has knots tied in it so i don't trust it was the correct length.

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
An AMO 64# will come in 3 to 4 inches short, should be fine. Not sure how many strands but 16 or 18 should be fine. Older bows are safe with Dacron but that's up to you.

·
Registered
20,538 Posts
bank -

Can you post a picture?
Since the bow stated a length of 5'4" and not 64", it would a mid 1960's or earlier model.
The usually 4" shorter rule may not apply. The string may actuially need to be a bit shorter.
Yes, it will require a Dacron (B-50 or B-500) string, and 14 strands would be appropriate.

I would string the bow with the string you have, and if the brace height is in the 7.5" to 8" range, it's as good a start as any.
You can measure the string (from nock to nock) while strung and order a new Dacron string of that length (actual length, NOT AMO length).

Sorry, I generally don't deal with Pearsons that old, so I'd need to see it to say any more about it.

Viper1 out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts