Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question guys...I just sold my bow and getting ready to buy the excal vortex...what about arrows? Is their certain arrows I should use...never owned a xbow like ive said before so I dunno anything...I know it comes with some arrows the "kit"so should I stick with those or what....tell me what ya know please...thanks

· Banned
24,198 Posts
I shoot Easton Power Bolt 20"

with 170 grain NAP all stainless heads. Total weight, 481 grains. Using a Stryker 3 dot reflex sight sighted in at 30/40/50 yards. Chrono'd 293 fps.

· Incureable tinkerer
4,263 Posts
In My Vortex (hell of a bow)....

I shoot Gold Tips Lazer II's, brass inserts, 2" Blazer Vanes, and a 100 gr Slick Trick Mag for broadheads. Gives me a gross weight of 405 grns. Using Flemish string I'm getting 320 fps and awesome accuracy as well as terminal performance. Scoped with LumiZone scope, speed ring set at 315, crosshair is my 20, first aimpoint down 30, second is 40, and third gets me 50 yard hit dead on.
Couldn't be happier with my setup.

Holler if some of this needs more explanation.

· Registered
4,336 Posts
I

use what Cossack2 uses with the exception of the Slicktrick Mag broadheads. I have been experimenting with both fixed heads and mechanicals out of my Exocet. The 20" Goldtip Laser II with 2 inch blazers and a 100 grain head of your choice seems to be a winning combination with my bow at least (200 lb. Exocet). I have a buddy who's son is shooting 150 lb Excal model with the same arrow setup and is getting similar results. It is a matter of preference but you will find that a heavier Front of Center is a definite plus!
I just took my 1st doe of the season with this combination and a two blade Marden Pro Extreme mechanical head. She didn't go much past 30 yards:)

· Registered
3,752 Posts
use the same as cossack except i use shuttle t locks 100 grain and they hit exactly with field tips,the arrows are awsome with brass inserts. im shooting 356fps and at 50 yards i dont worry about my arrows plaining.
bryan

· Registered
1,878 Posts
use what Cossack2 uses with the exception of the Slicktrick Mag broadheads. I have been experimenting with both fixed heads and mechanicals out of my Exocet. The 20" Goldtip Laser II with 2 inch blazers and a 100 grain head of your choice seems to be a winning combination with my bow at least (200 lb. Exocet). I have a buddy who's son is shooting 150 lb Excal model with the same arrow setup and is getting similar results. It is a matter of preference but you will find that a heavier Front of Center is a definite plus!
I just took my 1st doe of the season with this combination and a two blade Marden Pro Extreme mechanical head. She didn't go much past 30 yards:)
same with exomax
slick trick mags....

· Banned
24,198 Posts
I don't know about that but

that arrow combination is awesome with the Vortex and the extra arrow weight smoothes the bow out some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.