Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lost and need help. I was getting ready to buy a Vendetta xl, but last night I made the error of trying a Bear Truth 2 and I must say WOW. The dealer also had a Martin Firecat. Now I just don't want Pse or Bear is best and that is it. I want reasons why you think Either of the 3 bows would be better. PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE. Money is not the factor hear. Thanks

·
Mountain Life
6,833 Posts
all I can add is "Good Luck"...with today's market of equipment...you really can't go wrong...you WILL get RIBBED by alot of people, no matter what you choose..."It doesn't matter WHAT you shoot, just as long AS you shoot"...Have fun...CP

The reason I chose the Vendetta XL...SMOOTH AS BUTTER...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Both great

I own a Vendetta XS AND a Bear Strike (similar to 2 of your options)
Both are awesome bows. The Vendetta is quite faster and the Bear is smooth on the draw. If $$$ wasn't the option I'd go with the Vendetta but if it is don't feel bad about the Bear, it is a smooth shooter.....but lacking in speed compared to todays speed bows......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responces. The only thing is I have tried the Bear and Firecat, but havn't got a chance to try or even hold in my hand the Vendetta xl and that is my greatest obstacle I guess.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I had a truth 2 and the only problem i ran into was replacing the string stops if you shoot alot you will need to buy xtra they don't last very long other than that it is one hell of a nice bow wish i still had it

·
Registered
607 Posts
I dont have any experience with the Martin or the Bear, so cant speak about them. But my son has a Vendetta XL. Its smooth, quiet, and fast. I cant imagine anyone not liking it alot. He probably won the 3d shoot we went to yesterday with it, they havent posted scores yet, but its a shooter.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Vendetta is a true shooter fast and very smooth. I am sure the Bear and Martin are nice bows you wont be disapointed with the Vendetta

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I love my Truth II. Have had no problems with it so far. It shoots great, is plenty quiet and plenty fast for me.

If you shoot it with the limbs maxed out you may run into the problem of the rubber string supressors shredding. When you look down the string from cam to idler you can see that the supressors are in the way, pushing the string outward. If you lower the poundage to say 55 on a 50-60 bow or 65 on a 60-70 bow you most likely won't have this problem as the string pressure on the rubber supressors will be less.

I shoot with mine maxed out and decided to fix the string stopper problem instead of lowering the poundage or replacing the rubber every few months. I accomplished this with a ******* (wow... won't accept the true spelling of *******... lol) file, some masking tape and a bench top vice. I pulled the string out of the supressors, and put it on the side of the supressors. I then measured from the string up to the top of the groove in the rubber supressor. The distance was just over an eigth of an inch. I then took the string suppressors off, removed the rubber suppressors, marked a line 1/8" from the end of the rod, wrapped it with tape to show where the 1/8" was all the way around the rod and hit it with the ******* file a few times. Took maybe fifteen minutes total to do and once that first stroke was over and I stopped wimpering about filing something on my brand new bow.... lol I was done before I knew it.

Fixed the problem for good. Now, there is a slight bit of pressure on the string from the supressors but I have been shooting for a few months now and the only wear on the supressors is a very small groove where the string settles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. the only thing is my dealer can't find me a truth 2 dark horse nowhere. Since they stopped makin it. Their are some on ebay but I would like to get it from a local dealer so he could help me set it up.

·
and blake and brock's dad
3,389 Posts
I have only shot the vendetta xl, but I have owned many diferent bows and I have been very impressed with this one. I have always said though, shoot them all and decide for yourself. That's my .02 worth.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it has been done I got a vendetta xl . I would like to thank you all for your input. Hope it is at least half the bow you guy's all say.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Based on personal experiance Martin would be first, PSE second, and I wouldn't have Bear on the list at all.

Both Martin and PSE have great bows. Martin bows are a bit smoother and much easier to work on, you don't need a press. Martin's customer service is THE BEST of all bow manufactures.

·
Registered
871 Posts
go with the vendetta xl it is a great bow

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Based on personal experiance Martin would be first, PSE second, and I wouldn't have Bear on the list at all.Both Martin and PSE have great bows. Martin bows are a bit smoother and much easier to work on, you don't need a press. Martin's customer service is THE BEST of all bow manufactures.
easy there tiger ! they are all good bows, whatever fits him is what is important.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Truth 2 and Vendetta XL

Personally I have a Bear Truth 2 and I could not be happier with a bow! It is a very smooth shooter and extremely accurate....Let me tell ya the bow is a SHOOTER! I know tons of people say bad things about Bear but I could not be any happier with them! The bow definitely shoots better than I can!

As for the Vendetta XL, my roomate has one and that is one slick bow as well! Yet another very accurate bow! I personally have not shot it because I am left handed....but from being around it, I dont see anything wrong with it!

I can assure you that you cant go wrong with either of these bows....and dont be scared to go with the Bear no matter what other people say...I promise you wont regret it! Never been around the Martin though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Based on personal experiance Martin would be first, PSE second, and I wouldn't have Bear on the list at all.

Both Martin and PSE have great bows. Martin bows are a bit smoother and much easier to work on, you don't need a press. Martin's customer service is THE BEST of all bow manufactures.

:thumbs_do

1 - 19 of 19 Posts