Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok- I just sold a bow online. I was planning on shipping the bow in itscase- so I took it down to the Fedex?Kinko's to ship it, and they told me they (nor anyone else) could ship a weapon unless it was going to a bow-business. I've bought several bows online and had them shipped to my residence no-problem, but none of them were shipped in a case. Do I need to put this in a plain brown box and "sneak" it through, or what? How do you guys ship bows in cases?

Thanks- sorry for being a moron.

dg

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You have found someone working that just did not have a clue! They can not refuse to ship a bow unless you live in a state that bows are restricted. I would go over his head and speak with his/her superviser as high up as it would take. Now, you might be required to put a box over the case, but they should knowingly ship a bow without having to do any sneaking at all. You just run into a newbee or something. Try again:)

·
Registered
633 Posts
try again

you can ship either place! Just put zip ties on the lock holes to keep people out and bow in. cost me about 30$ to ship an average bow. PS buy the insurance!!!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Ok- I just sold a bow online. I was planning on shipping the bow in itscase- so I took it down to the Fedex?Kinko's to ship it, and they told me they (nor anyone else) could ship a weapon unless it was going to a bow-business. I've bought several bows online and had them shipped to my residence no-problem, but none of them were shipped in a case. Do I need to put this in a plain brown box and "sneak" it through, or what? How do you guys ship bows in cases?

Thanks- sorry for being a moron.

dg
As the others said, you've dealt with a moron. Probably an ANTI!!! I would report this person to the manager/supervisor, and request that they be "re-educated." If they are a supervisor, then I'd climb higher on the ladder to make my complaint!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
As the others said, you've dealt with a moron. Probably an ANTI!!! I would report this person to the manager/supervisor, and request that they be "re-educated." If they are a supervisor, then I'd climb higher on the ladder to make my complaint!!!
I Agree with you 100%

·
Registered
413 Posts
ttt

You were probably dealing with a new employee. Every time they hire someone new at my ups drop store I have to get them educated.

·
Banned
414 Posts
ttt

usps i found to be the fastest and they dont ask what it is except if it is fradgile or hazardus ps they dont know what there doing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts