Archery Talk Forum banner

Help raising draw weight on Drenalin..

877 12
I have an 07 drenalin and just got new string and cables put on it. ATA is about 1/8" long and same with BH. Cam rotation looks good but bow is only maxing out at 67-68 pounds, with 70 lb limbs. I was getting 301-303fps prior to string change and now 285-289.

It paper tuned perfect and is shooting great, just low on pounds. Put another set of baracuda strings and cables, correct lengths on both.

The cam is a 29inch cam, draw length is about 29 1/8 approx. maybe 1/4.

Any suggestions on what I need to do here to raise the weight. Any help would be great.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really trying to understand this twisting deal. I think that if I put a couple of twists in the cable it should raise the draw weight, but I'm wondering if the cam rotation is going to thrown out of wack.

· Registered
1,692 Posts
You are correct... there are timing marks on the cam that run parrallel w/ the string. I may see if I can find the document. There are 2 little dots on the cams... like indentions that should be parrallel w/ the string...

· 182 5/8's
3,465 Posts
I just got a new string put on my 07 dren. It has 70 lb limbs on it also, but it is cranked all the way down and only pulling 65 lbs. max. I was told to twist up the buss cable at the cam end and it would raise my lbs up.

· Registered
327 Posts
If you check over at mathews forum you'll find the correct measurements for ata ,bh ,cam timing and tiller lean.

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got a new string put on my 07 dren. It has 70 lb limbs on it also, but it is cranked all the way down and only pulling 65 lbs. max. I was told to twist up the buss cable at the cam end and it would raise my lbs up.

Strange how it ends up like that, I have the measurements, 33 ATA, 7 BH, Cam holes parallel with string. I think I am going to need to twist cable a couple of times and see what happens.

· Registered
3,609 Posts
If your cam is in time and the ATA is 1/8" out , you'll prob need about 4 twists in the cable and 4 twists on EACH end of the string. This should keep the cam in time. When your done double check the cam. All measurements should be taken with the limbs cranked all the way down. Most bows with 70# limbs will pull about 73 or 74 maxed out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.