Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for all the help so far. I just received my brand new Anarchy Bow from Walnut Creek Outdoors (http://www.walnutcreekoutdoors.com). What surprised me was the quality and finish when I took it out of the box. I am seeing:

• Bear Archery emblems on both sides appear to have circular crush marks.
  • I see dried paint flecks and bubbles in several places all over the bow.
  • Paint falling off near fittings
  • Scratch in the riser.

I've included example images. Just wondering if this is considered a manufacturers defect? Anyone know how Bear deals with its Canadian customers?

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do mean call Bear Support?

· Registered
89 Posts
I second that. I've heard their customer service is top notch. I'm a painter by trade and if that's a standard automotive type finish the bubble could eventually peel and make the whole bow start to peel. As for the flecks it could be some metallics laying funny inside that crevice. Hard yo tell but yea call em up and see ehat they say. Good luck

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks so much for the feedback. Its one of those situations I did not expect as I had a good talk with the sales department before buying the bow. I did contact Danny at Walnut Creek Outdoors and the options i got were either a insurance claim for physical damage or I ship the bow back at my cost and start a new transaction at the higher price for another bow. I requested an exchange but waiting to hear back from them on what they are willing to do as I am holding them responsible for shipping the bow in the bow box with no extra packing or protection. Note that dealing with store means for me to get my money back can take up to 8 weeks and I only get what I paid. No replacement bow.

I also contact Bear support and got their voicemail. So I sent them an email with some of the photos. I will call them on Monday to follow up. So kind of disappointed I am not assembling my bow. Probably will not get resolution for at least a month so I may rent a bow for the second part of my course.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted to provide an update on where I stand with this bow. Pretty much Walnut Creek Outdoors stopped responding to my e-mails after I asked them how long I have to file a claim for insurance damage. It is sad that I will not be doing business with them anymore and will be warding other Canadians away from them.

I did contact Bear and they responded the next day. Pretty much sent the bow back to them Tuesday (they provided shipping tags via UPS) for them to review. According to UPS they should receive it Monday in Florida.

Talk to Bear customer service agents (Greg and Casey) the plan is for there techs to inspect the bow and then either change the riser or send me an exchange. So we will see what the turn around is.

So I got a box of toys to add to the bow and guess I will start ordering my arrows since that and a release are the two last things to get.

· Registered
89 Posts
Great news my friend glad it's all getting worked out. I wish bow shps in my area where more user friendly but they are horrible to deal with as well. Hopefully once you get your bow back you can get it assembled quickly. I'd love to see some pics when it's done! I absolutely love that color but couldn't afford the anarchy at this time. Maybe next year! Good luck with it!

· Registered
6,924 Posts
Not surprised you received excellent customer service from bear. I had to have the upper suppressor arm replaced on my Method and got the replacement in the mail the other day. They accidentally sent me the lower suppressor arm. Called them up and they apologized up and down for the mistake and got the correct one in the mail asap. They are doing me a solid in the first place. Lifetime customer here!

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the support guys. Figure i had to jump in with both feet to build my own bow. The basspro in my area does not sell this bow and won't take cash to set it up for me. So i can read and will get it together (with you support ... Lol). I will definitely post pics when all is done.

· Registered
407 Posts
I received my Green Anarchy today i bought from the same company.

Awesome colour and condition was perfect,

No real blemishes to worry about on paint, im more than happy.

Just need my launcher and sights now

Im in Brisbane Australia also so after seeing your post i crrossed my fingers hoping.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Blackout.

Very interesting as Walnut Creek Outdoors only had the one green anarchy on their website in December (which Dan from Walnut Creek Sales confirmed in writing) and 2 or 3 red bows when I ordered. So glad you got your bow in good shape. There is still no excuse for a buyer to have to chase a retailer the way I have. I think they should have exchanged my bow instead of sending me to Bear. So I stand by my opinion of only doing business with this company in person.

I would also like to point out that Walnut Creek Outdoors posted on their facebook page and old website that they were selling the Anarchy bows for $599 USD. But then I paid $650. So I find that a bit fishy.

· Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Blackout.

Very interesting as Walnut Creek Outdoors only had the one green anarchy on their website in December (which Dan from Walnut Creek Sales confirmed in writing) and 2 or 3 red bows when I ordered. So glad you got your bow in good shape. There is still no excuse for a buyer to have to chase a retailer the way I have. I think they should have exchanged my bow instead of sending me to Bear. So I stand by my opinion of only doing business with this company in person.

I would also like to point out that Walnut Creek Outdoors posted on their facebook page and old website that they were selling the Anarchy bows for $599 USD. But then I paid $650. So I find that a bit fishy.

I should of mentioned i am left handed and bought from ebay.

And mine was more than $599 also but im happy with what i got

Got luck with getting your riser sorted

Cheerrs

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi

I wanted to finish my little adventure by saying that my bow finally showed up today (to my great surprise). Just pulled out of the box and took a photo to share this red devil with all of you who have been answering my questions (Thank you). So now I plan to use that knowledge to start assembling all the goodies I bought.

Compound bow Bow and arrow Bow Sports equipment Wheel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.