Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched from left handed to right handed after 15 years due to a vision issue. I had to sell my beloved left handed Hoyt Faktor 30 and start from scratch. Decided to get a cheaper highly adjustable bow. One reason being I have a budget and i decided to drop a lot of $ on the sight, rest, and stabilizer. Second reason is just so I could get my form re-figured out and know my measurements well before I save up enough to buy another high quality bow.

here’s the problem. I got a Diamond Edge SB-1 used off of eBay. It’s a 2016 bow and as adjustable as they come. I thought it was a decent call for now as the reviews I saw were really good and because I only spent $190 on it I got the rest, sight, and stabilizer I’ve always wanted. The bow arrived, it looked great. I draw back the first time and notice a wicked amount of top cam lean.

i examined it quite a bit and decided to switch the spacers on the left and right side. This did help some. It’s a solid limb bow with no yoke so it’s not as simple as twisting cables. But the cam lean is still bad. I don’t have a quality straight edge, the most level thing I could find was a level and according to the level (which may or may not be perfectly straight) both cams i believe are bent.

Eye-balling it they don’t appear bent at all. Is this just a cheapo bow with crap cams? Am I just imagining a bend? Hoping to find a friend with a good straight edge I can borrow to really see if the cams are bent. I already messaged the seller letting them know and asking if they knew about how bad the cam lean was. It sure doesnt show even a nick’s worth of damage whether it be from shipping or a drop in the past.

any thoughts or suggestions? Really hoping to be out chasing antelope in a couple weeks.

·
(aka lug nut)
54,286 Posts
I just switched from left handed to right handed after 15 years due to a vision issue. I had to sell my beloved left handed Hoyt Faktor 30 and start from scratch. Decided to get a cheaper highly adjustable bow. One reason being I have a budget and i decided to drop a lot of $ on the sight, rest, and stabilizer. Second reason is just so I could get my form re-figured out and know my measurements well before I save up enough to buy another high quality bow.

here’s the problem. I got a Diamond Edge SB-1 used off of eBay. It’s a 2016 bow and as adjustable as they come. I thought it was a decent call for now as the reviews I saw were really good and because I only spent $190 on it I got the rest, sight, and stabilizer I’ve always wanted. The bow arrived, it looked great. I draw back the first time and notice a wicked amount of top cam lean.

i examined it quite a bit and decided to switch the spacers on the left and right side. This did help some. It’s a solid limb bow with no yoke so it’s not as simple as twisting cables. But the cam lean is still bad. I don’t have a quality straight edge, the most level thing I could find was a level and according to the level (which may or may not be perfectly straight) both cams i believe are bent.

Eye-balling it they don’t appear bent at all. Is this just a cheapo bow with crap cams? Am I just imagining a bend? Hoping to find a friend with a good straight edge I can borrow to really see if the cams are bent. I already messaged the seller letting them know and asking if they knew about how bad the cam lean was. It sure doesnt show even a nick’s worth of damage whether it be from shipping or a drop in the past.

any thoughts or suggestions? Really hoping to be out chasing antelope in a couple weeks.
Picture of this really bad cam lean. Pic of top cam

·
(aka lug nut)
54,286 Posts
I have had it at full draw numerous times evaluating the cam lean, but I have not shot it yet. I’ll try to get a pic today
PINCH an arrow on the top cam, LEFT SIDE...if a right handed bow.

Like this. Bow is at brace height.

Then slide the arrow up or down, until the point of the arrow is at the same height as the middle of the d-loop.

·
Banned
1 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts