Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of RM snypers and I'm having a problem, they are opening in flight, I didn't notice so much at 20-25 yards but 30 to 50+ yards it's happening. I could actually hear it happen when shooting at 50 yards. They dive low left everytime starting at 30 yards, I doubled the rubber bands I think it's got it but worried that they will not open correct. Anyone had this problem and found a real fix. I'm shooting 320 per second is that the problem?

kn

· Registered
1,376 Posts
i have used em with great results. but that was with a heavy arrow and about 280 fps. maybe its to much for em... i dunno.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
I don't know how fast I am shooting my gear specs are in my sig, my arrow weight is 376gr. I think I am in the upper 280's. I have not had any problems with them for the last few years. I really like the heads. Are you using 2 blade or 3? They should still open with no problem with 2 rubber bands. Hope you get it figured out.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes they came high recommended 2 bladed

I'm sick over it I really want to shoot them, I wonder what 3 bands would do, I'm going to wal mart tomorrow and buying a bag of orthodonist rubber bands and try it.

kn

· Registered
13,924 Posts
I'm sick over it I really want to shoot them, I wonder what 3 bands would do, I'm going to wal mart tomorrow and buying a bag of orthodonist rubber bands and try it.

kn
How about you wait till Monday and give the company a call. They test them extensively and if there was a problem they would know. Maybe there is an issue with the broadheads themselves as far as a defect and then they can send you new ones in their place.

· Registered
209 Posts
rubber bands

I shoot fixed 3 blade R.M. premiers. I got 6, 2 blade and 6, 3 blade for christmas. Shot them all summer @ 285fps, no problems. It might be the bands. Buy the replacement bands for the broadhead. I had a bad bag this summer, they all broke putting them on. Only reason I went back to fixed blades is, they hit the same spot, and I know they are already open. Maybe someday! Good Luck!

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok Thanks already on the company thing sent an email

Ok Thanks already on the company thing I sent an email. Season here opens 10-15-2008 (wednesday) so that's my i'm in a rush. I hope it all works out.

kn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.