Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change my draw length. I took pics of my shooting earlier, and I see that I'm leaning back a bit due to the draw length being long. That means I'll need to move the draw stops as well I suspect.

This is on a Martin Lithium which is a binary cam bow. I have had a binary bow lockup once before at full draw, and that's not an experience I ever want to repeat. How can I reset the draw stops safely without risking a lockup? The instructions say to come to full draw and then slide the draw stop to the pad on the limb. My concern with that is that if it's going to lockup, it will be too late once I get at full draw I think.

D

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
No threat of a lockup when moving it to shorten the dl.
Going longer is a different story.

Just move your stop a tad, (up) then draw and see how it feels. Repeat till you get what you're looking for. Expect shorter valley, more hold weight.

Have you rotated the mods?

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
If your using the stops to shorten the draw length, there is no worries. your ******ing the draw cycle so the cams won't be rolling over as far as they were previously.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your using the stops to shorten the draw length, there is no worries. your ******ing the draw cycle so the cams won't be rolling over as far as they were previously.
I'm not using the stops to shorten the draw length in rotating the mods.

I have read that you get more valley on this bow if you leave the stops alone and go to the next shorter draw length spot on the mods, which is he opposite of what you guys are saying. I'm confused...

D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Move the mods 1/2" shorter and leave the stops alone. Draw back and see how it feels. If its too much valley move the stops an equal amount on each cam but only 1/16- 1/8" at a time until you are happy. No worries on lock up. Just make sure you move the stop the right way which is toward your D loop or top cam you would move down and bottom cam move up.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it guys, thanks. I moved the stops forward and drew it very slowly watching the cams in the mirror. Kept moving the stops out back slightly and testing again until I got it right.

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts