Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help with setting up my 6 yearold son's christmas present. I can set up adult bows without a problem but ran into a problem on my sons. How high do I install the peep sight? He's an averaged sized 6 yearold...I know it will probably have to be moved some after christmas but does 4" above the nocking point sound about right to you guys?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I also had the same concern with my 6 year old, when he started. I decided to use a kisser in lieu of the peep. Work out great and his anchoring is always right on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have no idea but I'm glad you asked, I will be doing the same for my 7 yr. old next week. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
I measure kids just like I do adults. Take a press, relax the string, put the peep in.

Have the child go to full draw and aim the bow (with an arrow in it) downrange. Have them hold it back. Adjust peep height to where their neck is straight.

Have them let down, serve the peep in.

Again - same for kids as adults.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how to do all that but this is a christmas present and was trying to have the bow "ready to run" christmas morning. It wont be much of a surprise if I do all the measurements before christams lol

I measure kids just like I do adults. Take a press, relax the string, put the peep in.

Have the child go to full draw and aim the bow (with an arrow in it) downrange. Have them hold it back. Adjust peep height to where their neck is straight.

Have them let down, serve the peep in.

Again - same for kids as adults.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You could put the peep in where it looks about right without serving (your 4 inches should be close),,,,then on Christmas after it is adjusted serve it in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts