Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pack of 100 gr. sonics after hearing all the hype and good reviews. it was hitting 5 in. low and 25 yrds. What do i do to fix this?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Download the easton tuning guide and read the section on broadheads. You would move your rest up in this case if I remember right.

·
Registered
218 Posts
HEADS ARE JUNK. I have 4 packs that are crap. Only broadhead I have ever had that would spin and not hit with field tips. Were always low right. Stingers, wasp, thunderheads, and muzzys hit dead nuts on.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I had just the opposite results, the free one I recieved flew right with my Muzzys.

Sounds like you have a tuning issue.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Mine hit right on with the field tips. I was impressed by the way they flew. Just not too sure about durability. Time will tell.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
IN_archery_hunt said:
I just bought a pack of 100 gr. sonics after hearing all the hype and good reviews. it was hitting 5 in. low and 25 yrds. What do i do to fix this?
Move your sight!:)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If you are shooting over 260 fps, then just go to Wasp jak-hammer 1 1/4 cut or Snyper 2-blade.

If you less than 260 fps, then lower nock or raise your rest. Or could be your spine is off a little bit. I think low hit means too weak, but ymmv.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
the sonics work great in my experience. great out to 50yds. if they are low try moving your rest or nocking point just slightly. i know my bow was having a problem with that until i moved the nocking point. they tend to plane unless right on the level. moving the rest should fix your problem with out messing with your sights. good luck and dont give up on theas heads just because some have had a bad experience with them. they are one of my top favorite heads on the merket. the shuttle T-locks are amazing too. also my bow is shooting 288 FPS. and they fly great.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
I have always had good luck with them. Actually I was shooting them this afternoon and they were on the money. I would also say this is a tuning issue. I have sold numerous packages of these and have received very good feedback from guys using them. I have a buddy that is tagged out already with his mule deer and his elk using the 100 grain 7/8" cutting Sonics. They leave a better hole than most think. I would really start with the tuning and centershot and the level of the arrow and proceed from there. It does happen that some bows just won't shoot some broadheads. Good luck and look into the Easton tuning guide and see what you can do.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have used the sonic broadheads for 2 seasons now, and I will never use another fixed blade ever again. They flew exactly where I wanted them to do, never had to fix my sights, and created huge damage to the vital areas to the turkeys, boars, and coyote I hunt. I did not enjoy the Liberty's though, they did not impress me, but the sonics and sonic pros are fully endorsed in the corner. My advice, check your sights, your rest, and maybe try a couple of different shafts. Newer the better. I use GT Hunter Pro's with 100 grain sonics on them, and fly perfect.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I think too many guys shoot underspined arrow and expect them to group...wrong! Try turning down the poundage and then shoot a FP and a BH and see where they hit. I tried a G5 just to see where it would group and it did the same thing 8" low and 1 to the right. Went to a little stiffer arrow and that make everything A OK!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dead on

hey thanks for all the help, my sonics are hitting dead on. Some times even better than my FP. Can't wait to test them on something that moves. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts