Archery Talk Forum banner

Help Sought

455 3
I've inherited a Howatt bow
X-100 20# 28" HCS 9117 Amo 60" Lefty

As you can see by the pictures it is in exceptional condition.

I'm not very familiar with Howatt bows plus I am right handed. So I'd like to try and sell & purchase something different or at least is right handed and I can actually use.

If anyone with knowledge on Howatt's could give me any details on this bow (ie Value and detailed description) or can tell me where I can go to try and find details on this bow I would appreciate any info anyone may have.

Thank you & God Bless
Building Wood Flooring Floor House

Liquid Fluid Wood Material property Font

Liquid Water Fluid Wood Hardwood

Property Product Wood Flooring Floor

Building Wood House Flooring Hardwood
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing no one has any information or their just not wanting to share for some reason.

Is anyone able to guide me to a website or even an email etc for a person who would be able to help me find the information I'm looking for on this bow?

·
Registered
189 Posts
From my limited knowledge, the letters state it's a 1968-69 Cavalier (labeled X-100 in print). It would be on the lower end of the spectrum in Howatt's lineup. Still a great shooter, just not all the fancy woodwork. It looks to be in amazing condition, 20# and a lefty leaves a small market, but I can see it worth maybe $200 or something in that range. Don't remember all the rules, not sure it this is allowed, but on Facebook there's a group called Damon Howatt traditional bow owners that has some extremely knowledgeable people. Can get more knowledge there, even possibly sell if your so inclined.

·
Registered
287 Posts
FD77, how long have you had the bow? Unless the pictures are "mirrored" somehow, that is a right hand bow, not a lefty. IIRC, Howatts had in the serial number left hand designation (L, or LH, or Left) , but only called out on the lh bows. Sorry I can't help you with date.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.