Archery Talk Forum banner

Help Sought

750 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Steve P 
#1 ·
I've inherited a Howatt bow
X-100 20# 28" HCS 9117 Amo 60" Lefty

As you can see by the pictures it is in exceptional condition.

I'm not very familiar with Howatt bows plus I am right handed. So I'd like to try and sell & purchase something different or at least is right handed and I can actually use.

If anyone with knowledge on Howatt's could give me any details on this bow (ie Value and detailed description) or can tell me where I can go to try and find details on this bow I would appreciate any info anyone may have.

Thank you & God Bless
Building Wood Flooring Floor House

Liquid Fluid Wood Material property Font

Liquid Water Fluid Wood Hardwood

Property Product Wood Flooring Floor

Building Wood House Flooring Hardwood

See less See more
#3 ·
From my limited knowledge, the letters state it's a 1968-69 Cavalier (labeled X-100 in print). It would be on the lower end of the spectrum in Howatt's lineup. Still a great shooter, just not all the fancy woodwork. It looks to be in amazing condition, 20# and a lefty leaves a small market, but I can see it worth maybe $200 or something in that range. Don't remember all the rules, not sure it this is allowed, but on Facebook there's a group called Damon Howatt traditional bow owners that has some extremely knowledgeable people. Can get more knowledge there, even possibly sell if your so inclined.

#4 ·
FD77, how long have you had the bow? Unless the pictures are "mirrored" somehow, that is a right hand bow, not a lefty. IIRC, Howatts had in the serial number left hand designation (L, or LH, or Left) , but only called out on the lh bows. Sorry I can't help you with date.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.