Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Wife and me are new to this sport. Actually she just got her bow, mine is still being made.

We set the bow up at the shop. The guy helped us sight the bow in at 10 and 20 yards. We got her peep sight aligned and paper shot as well.

She came home, and now she feels things are off. She describes it as her peep is not lined up right.

The only thing that changed is the release. We used a store release when getting set up, and now she has a tru-ball thumb release at home.

I am guessing this changed her draw length?

We are very different sizes, so I can't see what she is seeing, and she is not good at communicating the problem.

Is this something I need to return to the shop for?

Thanks.

·
The Fin,Mathews Pro Staff
1,826 Posts
Draw length would not change but her anchor point would with a different release. Re adjust the height of the peep based on her new anchor and show will be fine.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
bring the bow back to the shop and bring the release she is going to be using with too. you need to have them fit her up with the equipment she is going to be using.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
^^^^^^

This!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hate to bug the shop, they are gearing up for the Christmas rush.

Can I change her anchor point at home? Thanks for all the quick answers guys.

·
OnTheWayOut
2,917 Posts
Different style releases give different points of anchor especially when going from a wrist strap to a thumb style. Either buy her a release like the one she used at the shop or take bow back and have them reposition her peep so things will be right again

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
There is a HUGE difference between INDOOR light and OUTDOOR light.

I sight in my bow at 20 and hit spots then take it into the indoor range and am CONSIDERABLY low left. Same anchor, same release, everything.

Just saying.

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
You deserve as much attention as the next buyer so take your wife back to the dealer and don't leave until she feels the bow and everything is lined up and shooting correctly for her. Merry Christmas!

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,272 Posts
It will only take the pro shop a few minutes to make the change. Trust me, it needs to be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts