Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting a Icon 58# 27" draw arrow length (29 1/2"). I have a problem with point of impact between Target points and broad heads. I shoot 4" to the left different with my broads heads and expandables. Height seems to be ok. Both broad heads hit the next to each other but 4" left at 20 yards. Using Wasp fixed blade and jak hammers 100 Grain.
Question what do I tune to make them both hit the same L/R and elevation.

Thanks for your input
Big Bear

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
2 things to check , arrow spine { for a right hand archer hitting left of center usealy indicates a stiff shaft this may or may not be the case } , and centershot .

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,756 Posts
First step is, Are your arrows spined correctly? If yes proceed to do a contact test with your arrow and arrow rest setup using spray on foot powder. If you pass that test and still get broadheads that don't match move your Arrow rest to the right. I am assuming things like your broadheads are correctly installed and spin true on the shaft and line up with your helical vanes because you said your broadheads grouped ok. If everything else is right when you move your centershot to the right your fieldpoints will eventually hit with your broadheads.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Move your arrow rest to the right in very small increments. This normally pulls broadheads and field points together. You may need to re-adjust your sight afterwards.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hope this helps. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Broad head tuning

Thanks everyone, it did help I went out back at lunch and shot.
I still shoot left every so often.

Thanks evryone again
Big Bear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts