Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 3-4 yr old short vane CX300 arrows and want to ck the spine, etc. but don't know some things listed in the CX chart. My bow is XT Switchback.

Measured draw wt is 66 lbs
don't know if i have a modified cam, round or high energy+7, 0, +8
I have 80% letoff, so deduct 5 lbs
Insert and 100 gr pt minus 8 lbs
arrow length is 28 inches, so add 4 lbs
Fast flight string or dacron, don't know, it is Winners choice, add 5 for FF or -5 for dacron
release aid, -5 lbs
IBO rating 315 so add +6 lbs

This is supposed to tell me my adj wt and i can then determine if i have the right arrow, I think. ANy help?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, I thought I would wake up to several posts from folks helping on what I thought was relatively easy for members of this board...there are just a few things I could not answer relative to questions on the carbon express adj wt chart calculation. I presume this is the correct way for me to determine if i have the right arrows. any help in answering a few of teh questions above would be appreciated. I don't feel like i am getting good arrow flight and trying to figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Your just fine with the 300----don't put too much into the calculations and confuse yourself. If you up date to a newer CE shaft then I would suggest the 350 as the 300 is gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts